Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So my shoulder hurts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Nov 16, 2006.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

and I don't know why. If I move it at all, it hurts like crazy. I didn't hurt myself, so I think I must have slept on it wrong, but it's not like crick in the neck or anything like that. It's a sharp pain that is pretty much unbearable. I get this randomly every now and then, and it just goes away after a day or two. Does this sound like a pinched nerve?

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like you need a girlfriend. :p:

On a more serious note, I usually have the same thing happen to me 2-3 times a year, always my left shoulder. It's not an ache, but more like a sharp pain in the joint. I dunno, it usually goes away by the next morning so I don't worry about it.

3. thezentree

PS: ColoradoK5 is not helping me study for the chem exam I have in 8 hours. Holy crap it got late FAST.

4. thezentree

I don't get it?

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Choke da chicken much...makes you blind,and I guess makes your shoulder sore.

6. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

What can I say, I really get into it sometimes.

7. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

one night a friend of mine offered me a bottle of Jack Daniels. said the only way I could have it for free was to drink the whole bottle. so what did I do? after finishing I thought I was fine. I could still talk and walk ok. little did I know, it just hadnt taken full effect. last thing I remember about that night was walking in the door of wal-mart.:eek1: there was a lot more to the story though. when I woke up the next morning I couldnt move my left arm. however my friends told me that it didnt phase me when I fell of a concrete ledge for about 15ft and then rolled down a pile of rocks for another 20. broke two bones in my shoulder.:eek1:

8. thezentree

"I see," said the blind man as he peed into the wind, "It's all coming back to me now"

Yea, it's been a loooong day and I've been drinkin, but Dan, I don't think I drank that much. :rotfl:

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a pinched nerve. Friend of mine had to have some electroshock type treatment to unpinch his.

John

10. thezentree

I'm thinking about amputating it. I mean, that would put a stop to the clown-punching jokes. And if I did it myself, the wimmens would think I was tuff.

11. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Tooo funny... :haha: :haha: :haha:

12. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

i've been having the same problem, but in both my shoulders. My right hurt the most and it took a month and a half for the pain to go away. now i can't rotate my shoulder without it cracking and popping out all over the place. Just one of my many not good bodily joints.
    broken @ 20yrs old........ it was one hell of a ride though.

13. thezentree

I never broke it, or even injured it. I'ma hack the **** off and hang it on my wall as a trophy.

Actually, I think that would be counter productive. Anyone want to send me some oxycodones?

14. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

No, but I just got some due to elbow surgery for trapped nerves, and it's working wonderfully.

Really though, I let pain in my elbows go for a couple of years, now I have to have surgery on both elbows (one down, one to go), where something a little less invasive may have fixed it earlier. If it's bothering you that bad, you should probably have it looked at.

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm no stranger to the pain....

My left shoulder has been bothering me since July,when a trailer tounge I was attempting to hook up to the trailer ball on my truck, suddenly flew up when some items in the trailer slid back toward the other end and made it ass heavy,and I didn't let go of the tounge--it picked me right off the ground,and yanked my shoulder nearly out of its socket!..--I then had to use a 10' pipe to lever the trailer tounge back down,and I was a hurting pup after that episode!---its been aching on and off since that happened..never went to a doctor,probably should though...

When you guys hit your late 40's,you'll wish you did more when you were younger!--it doesn't take much to put me out of action anymore,what once would have been a minor injury, now takes weeks or months to "heal",and never seems to heal completely..I notice the cold weather affects me a LOT worse than in my younger days too,and arthritits is settling in my bones..Time to move to Florida or Arizona!.:doah: :crazy:

16. thezentree

I think you're right George, I'm gonna make an appointment with the doctor that did my mom's rotator cuff surgery next week and have him check it out.

17. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

my left shoulder gets this pain also also cracks and pops whenever i rotate it, i dont mind the pain but the biggest inconvience it poses is when im in the gym then i get really angry at it

18. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: you would be the man.

19. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

aaa the fun of getting older!:rolleyes: :laugh: i;m sitting here with my left leg hanging off to the side to keep the pain tolerable.every wreck on a street/dirt bike, three wheeler ,car crash and rolling my truck is starting to kick my ass.

20. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

it can be any number of things. from pinched nerve in neck or shoulder. rotator cuff things. I'd ask around and find a good chiropractor and get checked out. I deal with stuff like that all the time with good results. Shoot take a round trip and I'll hook you up brother! :-)