Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So My Water Leak is Back(Long)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by daleearnhardt01, Feb 20, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Yeah its been fine for a month or more but I go out the other day after I came out the store and noticed some green under the truck. Sure enough its the same leak as before.

Its leaking down the front of the motor on the trucks right side. It runs down the axle vent tube then onto the axle itself.... Since I work at a shop back home, I put it in the air over xmas break and had one of the other guys take a peak. He couldnt find anything, checked the waterpump and determined it was fine. Ive pressure tested this thing seems like 10 million times with no success. Its starting to piss me off. I guess Ill get a tester tomm and check it again..Any ideas on what it could be? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Where is your radiator overflow? Is the rad cap good?
    Bill

3. daleearnhardt01

Hmmm never thought of the overflow tank...Ill take a peek tomm and see.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If it sits awhile sometimes it dries up and you could look for the leftover residue to see where it came from, would leave a witeish trail. There isn't too many places for it to come from , maybe water pump or gaskets, freeze plug etc. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

Did you check water pump to block seals on both sides? I have had mine develop leaks there in the past. Also the heater hose that goes to the manifold, at the fitting. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. daleearnhardt01

Good ideas man, Ill check em out...

Spring breaks comin up and we should get together and shoot the crap while Im home....

7. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

I will PM you my # call me when you get home, leave a message if I am not there. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. daleearnhardt01

Umm so yeah the leak is gone again... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Its the water pump... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

John

10. daleearnhardt01

Where are you John, these two weeks just aint been the same not talkin to you all day long. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif......Dont say waterpump...hopefully its the lowerhose.. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif