Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Pissed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by B_to_C, Dec 5, 2005.

1. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

So......Why don't you get your money back and buy them somewhere else?

3. B_to_C

Becasue I was going to get 4 40" MTRs for $923. (They would normally be about $1600) It was because of a "buy 1 get 1 free" deal they were having, but apparently they were losing too much money on it.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Damn, I saw your thread over there last week and envied the great deal you were getting, that sucks.

I agree with most over on colorado4x4, if there is any way for you to put the screws to the stealership then do it.

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Well poop. I'm afraid it will cost you as much to get the money saving deal as it would to pay full price.

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Did you pay for them already? It sounds as if you had. We have a tv news station here in KC where you can call them up and tell them your complaints about businesses that are screwing people over, they call them up and put your complaints on tv most of the time the people win their claims because the business deosn't want the bad publicity. If you have your web reciept try to do this or try the states attoourney general's office, do not let them push you aroound. They brought up the deal they need to make good on it!

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Contact the Better Business Bureau if your really upset. Otherwise let it slide and start looking for the next good deal, there's always one to be had if your patient.

8. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

It should actually be a pretty straighforward open-shut case. Under the uniform commercial code they made a firm offer, and it was accepted making a contract. Just because they got burned, doesn't mean they can nullify the contract. I'd be pretty upset if I'd found a steal like that and then they tried to weasel out of it.

9. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

dont let them wenzel you out of the tires.

10. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Do you have a receipt for the money you gave them? If so, check to see if it's got the usual legal gab on the back...see if there's anything that can help you. Don't know if I'd call like the post you made on Colorado4x4....that is unless you actually have confirmation that the tires would be available. www.tirerack.com says that have low stock of that tire, plus if you say you have confirmation, and don't, and he is actually telling the truth, he'll tell you where to go...

I'd call back to the parts department and ask if they have any of those tires. If not, ask if they are expecting any shipments...maybe even be brave and ask if there's any problem with the supplier. Get the guys name, if the call goes your way, you have your confirmation.

That sucks, man. :mad:

11. B_to_C

:angry1:

Just thought I would let everyone know I'm still pissed.

There's going to be one mroe call to the dealrship either today or tomorrow (my schedule is REALLY tight today) and if that doesn't work, it's on to Tom Martino (investigative reporting) Etc.

12. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I would try here first if they are not good on their word. I had a problem a while back with The Handyman Club of America, all part of that damn North American Outdoor Group. The ones that you join for $1 a month, then they hound you with other charges. They tried to get me for some books they sent after we cancelled my subscription, months after. I was only 16, and they were literally calling me and harrassing me over the phone. My dad tried to write several letters of complaint to no avail.

My father sent all correspondance to the Attorney General's Office. The AG of MD sent the company a nice letter. The president of the company personally called me to apologise, and sent some "Thank You" gifts. Never heard from them again.

Its amazing how some higher power intervention can stop the peons from jerking you around.

...Just a thought

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

This has got my vote as well, the wife called them when we were being harrased by someone trying to collect money from my nephew, it worked well....

14. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Look...They realized that they made a mistake and caught it. Let it go. You knew it was too good to be true. Ask them to meet you halfway or something. It is really irritating to see people always jumping to legal action as a first step. I hope you never miss quote something to somebody. Geez.

Flame on!!

15. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Look guy maybe you will stand for getting screwed over but I won't. A reciept is a legal contract, go ahead and hide your head in the sand if you want to but everything that was said here sofar is the right thing to do.

16. B_to_C

It's not like I was the only cutomer who asked for the BOGO tire deal. They were doing it the entire month to who knows how many people. One of those people is my roomate, he got 4 tires mounted and balanced on his jeep for $300 when it would have normaly cost him about $700. So it's not like "oh hey we made a mistake" It's more mlike "oh, we don't want to do this anymore, so we're going to screw this guy because he probably won't fight back"

And I'm gonig to call again tomorrow, we'll see waht happens...

17. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like you've been Wenzeled.

18. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

NM then, thought it was a one time thing.

19. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Who was it that got like 3 winches for the price of one????That was some funny chit...