Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So that is what never seez is for.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by POWERMAD, Aug 3, 2004.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I just stripped the rear suspension out of the ol 73 and was all geared up for doing the nasty with the cutting disks.
    But I figured what the hell lets see if they move, with a regular handled 1/2" drive rachet, not only did it remove the nut but the freakin bolts pulled right out.
    Gee who would have thought a few seconds preppin the bolts would make removing them 15 years later a breeze??? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    That's twice this week I have had to take something apart and it just came apart because some nice guy used NEVER SEEZ.
    For the realy lazy it even comes in a spray can. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    To bad the vehicle manufacturares don't want to spend the 4 cents a rig to assemble it.

2. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Ahh, now we know why the race car guys take everything apart once a season! So they don't break bolts after 31 freakin years!

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I use it a lot--but I have limited success with it where I live--they out to call it" might not seize"--never say "never"in new england--mother nature can wash it right off--especially on exhaust manifold studs--nothing seems to make them last around here,I even used stainless steel studs,and all they did was snap like peanut brittle in the manifolds--and were a real mothuh to drill out! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I do wish that GM used it more at the factory,and less of their red locktite on everything--cant get some things off without torches with that stuff gluing it together. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I use it a lot--but I have limited success with it where I live--they out to call it" might not seize"--never say "never"in new england--mother nature can wash it right off

[/ QUOTE ]

and how.... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

I learned the hard way to not replace a bolt with a stronger bolt. You usually end up with something harder to drill-remove.