Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

so..thats what its liek to get water in your cab

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 27, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

went on a wheeling trip had a blast today! went in this one whole..wayyy deeper than i thought...i basicly went in..and dove face first into it..water going over my hood. im sitting there waiting for them to pull me out then i see water slowly going over my feet on the floor. i was a little scared..never had that happen. flooded the engine good. spark plugs were soaking wet..got it going again and shot water out my exhaust like a gun lol. then kept on truckin....pics soon!

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Better check all the fluids. All the fluids. With that water came lots of sand and crap.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i know..im ganna change both diff's..oil change..and check the other stuff..

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

both difs
    tranny
    TC

next time you know it sucked water do NOT try and fire it up
    pull the plugs and spin it first
    then reinstall plugs and carry on
    you can destroy a motor hydro locked

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oh yea..i forgot to say that we did pull the plugs first hehe..and yea it spit a lot of water out!

6. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

i know a guy that had(key word) a Bronco that sank it in a mud/water hole and it shuts off in the middle of the hole and gets pulled out. So him and a few others get it fired up and water is pouring out the pipes then the engine starts ticking really bad sounded like a f350 powerstroke. He drives around like that for a few days then it dies..... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dunno..mine doesnt tick ur nothing sounds just like it did befor lol. runs fine. im ganna change the oil and put some new plugs in it and a k&n filter...tired of going through damn paper ones.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Those paper ones sure do suck up water and keep it out of your engine if you don't go too deep though!

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

in a previous life (college) I had an 89 Cherokee 4" lift, 31" tires, roof rack, etc... fuel injected. Took it across a "little" water crossing following a friend in a 14" lifted 44" swampered trail master (it was giant, big block, Dodge /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) anyway, the TM went through and it didnt appear to even hit the wheel it was so shallow... well, I ended up taking a slightly different line through the water and dropped the a$$ off a ledge that we couldnt see. The water was moving fast enough that it spun the cherokee around and pulled the front off the ledge too... so I floated down the river about 15 yards before the door seals started to crush and let water in... as I started to sink I hit some rocks, then the bottom of the stream and was able to get enough traction to get out before completely sinking...

I learned two things... guys that drive insane dodge's are insane and WATER BAD! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Did I ever say how much I hate water? did I? Did I?

11. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have been like that a few times. One time I actually had water up and over the seats and bottom of the dash(about a foot and a half of water in the cab).... Your best best when you get water in the engine is to get pulled out and then pull the plugs and drain the oil. Put in some new oil and turn the engine over and shoot the water out of the plug holes. Then put in new plugs and fire it back up... Also as everyone else said, check all of your fluids...

12. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I pulled a guy out of a hole deep like that.
    I dragged his truck to pavement, maybe 30 minute round trip to nearest autoparts store.
    later at the end of the day when I was leaving I could see where the prick drained his fluids onto the ground where I had left him.
    I guess when he was buying oil and stuff in town he just didnt have time to get a drain pan.

13. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

I know it's a major pain, but you might want to think about pulling the carpets up (assuming you have carpet which is not the case in my current truck). I took in about 2" of water in my 90, and when I pulled the carpet 16 months later, the carpet padding was still damp (even though the carpet was dry). Luckily the floor wasn't rusted much, but it still wasn't good.

14. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Thats ridiculous and what gets trails closed.. *shaking head* Some people.

When I drained mine we had a 5 gallon bucket.. I filled it up to about 1 inch from the top with oil and water!!!!!!

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea...carpet is coming out and im ganna rhino it..