Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So the kids got BB guns for Christmas...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by babyburb, Jan 23, 2007.

1. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

and sitting around last night I read the AGE recommendations. My daughter 's Daisy said age 10 and my sons pumpmaster so and so said 16. HUH???

What age did your kid get their first gun?

What age did you get your first gun?

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i got my first, a crossman 2200 air rifle at 13

my kids will get started much yunger, i want the to me informed about guns incase they meet some stupid friends that arent, they wont get shot by accident

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

They're different velocities, hence the difference. I didn't own a pellet gun until I was 18, and I bought it myself. Don't remember when I was given my .22, maybe 8-10?

4. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

***Insert witty "Christmas Story" Red Ryder BB gun clip here***

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I got a Crossman 2100 Classic at about 9 or 10. Great pellet/BB gun.

[​IMG]

I had a cheap but effective 3-7x variable scope on mine which was cool. Lets just say that birds probably still refuse to land in the trees on my parents old lot. :thumb: I sniped a humming bird from about 35-40 meters with it once... head shot to. Took a few extra shots to get his body to fall out of the tree though, 'cause his little feet were clamped to a branch. lol! I used to snipe little green army men from slightly shorter distances all the time. The new owner of that house prolly found a ton of them in the garden. Lots of times the poor green soldier would just fly after being hit... never could find them sometimes. lol!

j

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yep thats the same one i had, it was badd ass, super powerful and accurate!!!
    it was sick, i gave it to my little brother, and he pumped it up 30 times and blew the barrel out of it.:(

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I always knew there was some kind of mysterious link between our lives Surp... and now we know what it is: the 2100 Classic! :grin: :thumb: My dad always got pissed about the blue jays in our yard being LOUD AS HELL at 6am on Saturday mornings. One day he came into my room, grabbed the 2100.. pumped her up about 12 times... went out to the deck... BAM. Perfect chest shot, bird dropped like a sack of crap. There are better quality BB guns out there, but for the price few have the power/accuracy of the 2100.

j

8. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Never had a BB gun as a kid. My dad believed in the real deal or nothing. Soooooo, at age 9, I got my first .22. Two years later, my first shotgun.

9. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My dad bought me a single shot, bolt action .22 when he found out I was going to be a boy. Got a .410 shotgun when I was 5 and a .30-.30 lever action Marlin when I was 10 or 11.

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's great!! :haha: :haha:

11. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

no kids yet, but my nephew got his when he was 10.

I got mine at the ripe age of 8. boy did we have fun! I had a pump rifle that shot BB's and pellets and a pistol that shot BB's, pellets, and those little darts. I used to sit up old mason jars full of grease I found in the woods behind my grandparents house and shoot them. when I shot cans, I would have my brother go and sit them back up. while he was doing that, I would pump it up a couple times and burn his bottom :D. ah, those were the days!

12. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Got my first BB gun at around 10 years old. Owned my first .22 at maybe 13. Got my first Shotgun by around 15, and purchased my first rifle 30-06 when I was 16. But it wasn't until I was in my 20's that I got into handguns and such.

I had a girlfriend with boys 8 & 10... they knew I had guns and were really curious. So the GF and I took them out at those ages and they began to learn to fire my entire arsenal.

If I ever have a kid of my own. He/She will learn to handle a gun at maybe age 8 I think, but safety and NO! will be taught from the beginning and my guns will be VERY SECURE!!!

13. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

safety was/is a big part of me when it comes to handling guns. I learned at an early age what those things could do to you. My uncle had an arsenal all my life and was a very advid shooter. He took me out several times shooting and taught me how to handle a firearm and for no reason to touch one unless he was around. The .45 I own was his and he stored it in a recessed case in the wall which had a picture of a duck on it. I would go in his room and open it and just stare at that pistol. I love that gun.

14. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

Got my daisy Co2 hand gun at 14 my daisy rifile at 16 and I just bought myself some russian Co2 powerd hang gun at 18 (the rusain one is ilegal in the states:D ).

15. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

My first was a NEF 20-guage single-shot. Got it when I was 10. Prior to that, my brother and I used my dad's old youth shotguns and his .22

16. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Our daughter shot her first shotgun at 4yo, a 410 single shot. She has shot my M4 and enjoys the no recoil aspect of it. She has a BB gun that she totes around by herself when we are back home. She has a DU Henry lever action 22 I won at a banquet that she gets to look at once and a while.

17. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I got my 22LR when I was 6, I got my first shotgun when I was 7. I shot my first 8ga when I was 8.(ouch) We had some land and no one was close by.

18. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

We got my oldest daughter a BB gun a couple of weeks after she turned 8. I gave her her first pocket knife when she was 7. She shot her first deer at 8, a couple of weeks before her birthday, this year. My youngest (4) has a pocket knife that I have not given her yet, but she knows about it, and I let her look at it when she wants, with supervision only.

I remember my dad getting me my first pocket knife when I was bout 3. It was a little one, and I guess to him it seemed harmless. Within 30 minutes of getting said knife, I came inside bleeding like a stuck pig. That was the last I saw of that knife for a while. I still remember my mom taking it away, and telling my dad, "I told you he was too young for that". I think I got my first BB gun at around 6-7 or 7-8. I can't remember how old I was until I got my own gun. I used some we had until I got mine. I may have been a little older.. at around 12 or so. I still have it. It's a Savage .223, and I still have my second gun, a Marlin 39A lever action .22. My collection grew rapidly after that. I still have ever gun I've ever had, minus two which I traded for other guns. Some of the guns I have, have been in my family since the 1930's, 40's and 50's.

19. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had a red ryder at 6ish, a .22 by 10 and a shotgun by 12 and a Benjamin pump in there somewhere. I still have them all.

20. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Daisy Plastic Non-Red Ryder BB gun at age 5, 12 guage single shot at age 8, and saved enough money working odd jobs to buy a .22 at age 11.