Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So the tre hugger didnt like my comment

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Some tree hugger made a comment at a job site today about my gas guzzler and how bad it is, so I told her that I was proud of my american iron and the fact that I get 20mpg.....11 in the Blazer and 9 in the Burb /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

IMO, environmentalists should all kill themselves. I've yet to meet one that wasn't a total hypocrit. They all use electricity, paper, petroleum-based products, stuff made with "bad chemicals" etc etc etc and then they sit there and try to tell me what I can / can't use. **** em all. If they spent 10% of the energy cleaning up the environment that they waste on bitching about it, the world would probably be clean forever. Its like those idiot protestors who live in a big old tree to for 2 years so loggers won't cut it down. If you really want to "help mother earth", spend those 2 years planting trees like Johnny freakin' Appleseed... that would be 64829746872130963126428650238975324806 times more productive than being an idiot hippy 50' up in a tree.

j

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, i find it ironic about the comments I get...OMG, why'd you get that gas hog? Well, I drive about 4 miles a day in my hog tops...and while some folks ecomony car gets 30 MPG, they are using more gas than me because of thier commute (30-50 miles a day RT) I've said it before, I filled up for the 3rd time 2 weeks ago-yes that was my 3rd fill up since June 1st! Not too shabby IMO.... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif By the way, my beast hasn't been off road cuz it's unworthy - got new tires, now need a lift (tires rub with minor flex ie. curb hehe) but when shes ready!! look out!

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    IMO, environmentalists should all kill themselves. I've yet to meet one that wasn't a total hypocrit. They all use electricity, paper, petroleum-based products, stuff made with "bad chemicals" etc etc etc and then they sit there and try to tell me what I can / can't use. **** em all. If they spent 10% of the energy cleaning up the environment that they waste on bitching about it, the world would probably be clean forever. Its like those idiot protestors who live in a big old tree to for 2 years so loggers won't cut it down. If you really want to "help mother earth", spend those 2 years planting trees like Johnny freakin' Appleseed... that would be 64829746872130963126428650238975324806 times more productive than being an idiot hippy 50' up in a tree.

j

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif you said it all!

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Exactly my trip to work is 11 miles each way most people around here go 40 or 50 /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Jek - tell us how you really feel!! Don't hold back!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

BTW - I agree completely! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Its like those idiot protestors who live in a big old tree to for 2 years so loggers won't cut it down.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Jek, I am here to let You know that was a fawking lie. That bitch "Butterfly" who claimed she was in the tree for two years is a fawking lier. It took place about 15 miles from where I live. I know several people who saw the lieing bitch in town while she was supposedly in the tree. In fact My Dads best friend ate breakfast at our local restaurant while that hippy scumbag was setting there chowing down on bacon and eggs. It's all a lie /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    I got a friend who works for the Pacific Lumber CO. which is the biggest redwood mill going. His job is to cut the scumbag hippys out of the trees (which are on private property) he leaves them one line to climb out before the faller starts the undercut. He likes his job BTW and hates hippys /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've had a few morons talk sh_t about my gas guzzlers also. I just tell them "F_ck you, it's my money, I'll do with it as I please." Then they start in with the polution spew, so I just tell them " So what ??? Do I look like I really give a sh_t what you have too say." fire up the V-8, rev it up a couple of times, and leave with a smile on my face. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Eh..... if there weren't so many goddamn people we wouldn;t have so many cars or so much travel we would need to commute

The earth is a vicious place, when it decides it needs us gone it will get us gone. The earth needs no saving.

There are more trees now than there ever were here I imagine

Oh and [censored] Phish

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Can't we all just get along??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I usually agree with you Joe but there aren't nearly nearly nearly as many trees as there used to be. Just take a look at the rainforests.
    Now before y'all start jumpin down my throat and what not I am not a super duper environmentalist but I do think we need to learn to coexist with this here ole rock that we reside on quite a bit better.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    The earth is a vicious place, when it decides it needs us gone it will get us gone. The earth needs no saving.

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO!!!!!!!

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I usually agree with you Joe but there aren't nearly nearly nearly as many trees as there used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, there are more trees here in the USA right now than there were in 1860. look it up sometime,

j

16. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Distinct possibility Jek I was commenting more along the lines of world wide type of stuff like that there ummm yea.

17. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I gotta agree with Joe. I keep watching tree huggers build houses along a flood plain South of where I live. We haven't had a normal winter around here in a long time but when it comes, followed by the run off-- well lets just say we call it, God flusing the toilet /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif And it won't hurt my feelings one bit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I meant the USA.

The info is coming from my old history/government teacher whop affectionately referred to Islamics as Towel Heads and said that "It's all about oil, if there was no oil, we wouldn't care, unless we needed a lot of glass, seeing as it's a big sandlot"

He also said once that a volcano produces more air "pollution" than anything we've ever done

I dunno, sounds good to me though

I love this world, and I believe it loves me, and it will be here long after I am dust and memories.

....that was creepy no?

19. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

If the tree huggers get their way and we stop cutting down trees, what will they wipe their a$$ with? Saran Wrap?

20. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Doesn't matter what hippies do , they never really make a difference anyway , the world is always going to have both Good AND Evil . The best we can do is plant some trees to give off oxygen , try to be nice to each other , and recycle what we can . Remember we are one lightening strike away from losing tons of trees anyway /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif