Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So the wife says.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PsRumors, Dec 10, 2006.

1. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

go ahead and do it now. Of course she has always been nice like that.

I have the 454 ready to drop in my '85 burb when I notice a single drop of trans fluid on the floor directly under the torque converter. Now the burb has been sitting in the same spot for 3 weeks or so. The engine has been out for the same amount of time. The trans is supported and sitting with the bellhousing elevated. So I don't think it is a leak leak but more so residue from everything over the years.

Wife: Swap it now so you don't have to take it apart again

Me: But there is still life in this trans and if I did the swap I would need a transfer case plus with it tore down I would want to go ahead and do the axles

Wife: OK

Me: And if the axles are out I might as well do the lift

Wife: OK

Me: This would cost us at least $4k to $5k

Wife: Merry Christmas & Happy Anniversary

:bow: :bow: :bow: to my WIFE :bow: :bow: :bow:

I bought my burb in Nov and drove it 3 or 4 times b4 tearing into it. I would really like to do all the upgrades but am dieing to have the thing for a while. Decisions Decisions

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I can understand wanting to get the motor back in and enjoying it. Can also see wanting to do everything at once. These motors go in and out pretty easy so if you decide to throw the motor in and enjoy for a while, you're just out some time and effort. Good luck making the decision.

Better keep that wife btw!

3. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

If it's not going to break the bank, you already have the most important part, the other-half's approval. Sounds like it's time for another Muddinmanny type buildup... :haha: :bow:

Once the money tree shakes a few branches off for me, I'll be doing the same thing... It might be awhile though...