Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So then I said...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Okay... I've told some of you the story already, but I want to tell everyone... because I need to get up to 2000 posts, and the number isn't going to go up on its own...

I got my old job at Little America back and will be working there full time soon. I was thinking about staying at Country Buffet and just working maybe 10 hours a week or something to kinda earn some extra money... But then I had an altercation with the general manager...

Read on:

It was a dark and stormy night... not really... just cold and windy here in Wyoming as usual... I went to work at 11:15 AM after dropping my mom off at her job... then I bought me some lunch and ate it, then stood in the back staring at the time clock for a half hour waiting for noon to come so I could clock in... I finally ended up clocking in at 11:53 AM after someone conveniently informed me that if I clock in within ten minutes of my schedule time it showes up as being on time... SOOO I went to work at the dessert bar and someone said the ice cream machine wasn't working... So I went and got Nora, the shift leader this morning, and she put the machine out of order... Then about 45 minutes later some guy was getting some Strawberry frozen yogurt from the other machine and the handle came off. SO, I went and got Nora again, and she put the handle in my pocket and told Renee, the service manager.
    Later on, Rolf, the general manager who I thought was pretty cool, came to work. A customer asked him what was wrong with the strawberry frozen yogurt machine, and he noticed the handle was gone. Of course, instead of just asking what happened, he had a cow and THEN asked what happened. So I told him the handle just fell off. Rolf asked me where the handle was, and I told him it was in my pocket and I handed it to him. Then he asked where the pin was that held the handle in place, and I said I didn't see where it fell, and I looked everywhere...
    So he just took the handle and went over to Nora and then came back over and started looking for something else. Nora came over and was all mad and said "Why did you tell Rolf I had the pin, you know I don't have the pin, now I'm in trouble." I didn't like that very much, so I informed her that Rolf was "full of [darn]" and must be hearing things because I said I didn't know where the pin was... And Rolf just stood up and looked at me and walked away... Didn't say a word to me for the rest of my shift.

I quickly changed my mind about staying there, because I don't particularly care for being lied about and then getting yelled at for what I didn't say/do... Especially when it's a manager (the GENERAL MANAGER much less) doing the lying.

I had a feeling I would hate the guy eventually... Just a feeling. I'm usually right when I get such feelings for some reason, it's crazy... But anyway, I wish my friend would've told me that Rolf's a worthless bitch when he told me about the job, I wouldn't have wasted my time applying /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

You work at Little America? Hell I stop in there all the time for fuel. Yes in Cheyenne.

3. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

You work in the one just east of Cheyenne on 80? Been there quite a bit. I grew up about 30 miles south in the great metropolis of Nunn. This has NOTHING to do with anything, but I'm bored outta my friggin skull at work tonight...

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Seems like a great place for a pad...

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I sent Batman to Cheryl from Nunn... That place is... just weird... I grew up in Greeley and take 85 about once a month, first time I stopped in Nunn though... one of the few times I ever slowed down even /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

an 4gunz, how often do you stop??? You should come up to the front desk sometime and see if I'm working, I'm never ever busy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Last time I was there was July 5th. On disability now cause of wreck, but will most likely be back on the road after Christmas. I normally swing through there about 5-6 times a month, sometimes more. Now that I know that you work there I will ask for you next time I'm there. It's amazing but I bet I've been to alot more places were people work that are also members of this site.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Is Nora cute?

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is Nora cute?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a thing for short 40 year old Phillipino ladies who wear too much make up, have heavy accents, and don't know how to talk, but know damn well how to scream... then yeah, she's cute... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

nice... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you have a thing for short 40 year old Phillipino ladies who wear too much make up, have heavy accents, and don't know how to talk, but know damn well how to scream... then yeah, she's cute...

[/ QUOTE ]
    dood hook me up

11. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

Weird? What's weird about a town of 300 retired farmers that never die? Actually was a pretty cool place to grow up, no cops, no stop lights, and if you got drunk and ran off the road there was nothing to run in to. Besides, the clown's den offers a great cultural experience and is only 15 minutes away!

12. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I've got a Wyoming story round those parts. Flew into Denver and bought a Harley. Got on it and rode up to Cheyenne. Bike craps out just out of Cheyenne and I spend about 5 hrs. on the side of the road. Nobody will stop. Guess it didn't help I looked like typical scooter trash with long hair and full leathers. Finally a trucker stops and gets WHP over to help out. I get the Harley towed to Cheyenne. It's Rodeo Days and the WHP spends half an hour on the phone and finds me some sleeze hotel across from the Harley dealership, which was good since I had to push the bike across the freeway to it in the morning.

Almost got into a bar fight at this dive at the hotel, but that's another story. I did have a good stick to your ribs meal at a joint just up the road from the dealership. Get the bike fixed in the morning and head out. Up 26 to 20 to 18 and then 85 and again on 18 (if memory serves me but it's been a while). Somewhere prior to Custer, the reserve tank kicks in. I had passed a gas station a ways back but thought I could make it to Custer. Well, miscalculation and I'm running on fumes. I pass a wide spot in the road and I'm guessing it might've been Pringle, but maybe Nihart or Sanator. Just an offramp and some buildings on the left side but I see a one pump station. I coast in and wouldn't you know it, it's closed.

I hop off the scoot and head into the bar next door. Can't really say this is a town as it just seems to be a few houses and trailers up the side of a hill. I walk into the bar and it's plaid shirts and John Deere hats lined up at the bar. I've got full leathers, Doc Martens, hair down my back, a goattee, and an earring. I walk up behind the line of drinkers and ask if I can get gas. Nobody even turns around and the female bartender doesn't slow down on the glass she's drying. I ask again. Not peep from anyone. I walk into the the other side of the room and there is a small dining area. I see a couple of tables of folks eating. I spot a guy with a Harley T-shirt on with his wife and kids. I stroll up to him and ask about gas. He tells me they won't open the pumps, especially not for me, but tells me I can probably limp into Custer. He wishes me good luck and out the door I go. I could feel the daggers landing on my back as the screen door hit me on the ass. Rode about 25 mph on the shoulder to Custer and got gas before I headed up to Rapid City. Still, one of the most beautiful rides I've ever taken. The area between Cheyenne and Rapid City is phenomenal.

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, miscalculation and I'm running on fumes

[/ QUOTE ] watch it buddy.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I could feel the daggers landing on my back as the screen door hit me on the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would think they would gladly give you the gas just to get rid of you. I've got a simular story that took place in Des Moines Iowa. Won't go into it now but I can tell you that if I had access to a nuke, Des Moines is where I would plant it.