Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So there I was...

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by Gaffed, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Gaffed

Gaffed 1/2 ton status

Background music, Riders of the Storm'

So there I was just scored a job offshore out of Galliano, La. About 4 1/2hrs from my home town near Pensacola, FL. I'm in the K5 cruising back through New Orleans East on I-10. Feels like its loosing power, push down on pedal a lil harder. Down shifts into 3rd and sounds like paper stuck in a fan. Oh boy, pull off to the side of the interstate. Oh snaps, its done. This was about 2pm. I walked back about three miles to an exit. Got a hotel for the afternoon. A good friend of mine was able to come pick me up about 10pm and we trailered my truck back to Pensacola. Pulled the tranny today. Its going to the doctor tomorrow. Now, my first nice paycheck of my life will go to fixing the remanufactured transmission that only has 6K miles on it. More details later:doah:

2. yoshisv

yoshisv 1/2 ton status

700r4 I assume? been there and done that three times. Now i have a sm465, But wish i had not done the conversion. I should have went 400 instead.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That sucks. And being broke down in NOLA does not make it any better.

4. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Wow man, that sucks! No warranty??

5. Gaffed

Gaffed 1/2 ton status

Nope turns out the tranny only had a ninty day warranty. Going to cost me $500ish including parts and labor. The TCC died thus killing the converter and need a master rebuild kit. Much cheaper than I expeced.