Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So this guy pulls up in his '72 K5 yesterday....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, May 30, 2006.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

During my Memorial Day party, this guy pulls up in his 72 K5, obviously because I had taken my top off and the 70 was looking good. He proceeds to tell me that his truck is now for sale and that he's asking 10k for it... So naturally,m I got curious... aparently, he had a guy do an appraisal on it and he said it's worth $13500... I call bull****, just after he says his appraisal value went up with his new engine... I ask what engine he has in it, and he says "it's a 400... but it's only punched out to a 355 or so..." I look over at my friend, who's trying not to bust out laughing, and proceed to tell him that I'm selling my truck for half what he's asking. He tells me he has the utmost confidence that he will get 10k out of his truck, and tells me he turned down an offer of $9500... I almost choke.... If I owned that truck and someone offered me $9500 for it, it would be gone... especially if all I did was spent $4k on a motor, $600 on a set of cheap 35s and a $6500 purchase price.... ****, I'd be jumping for joy if someone offered 9.5k for my truck....

I go look under the hood, and nearly puke. Everything is chrome... fan shroud, radiator, alternator, pullies, gear drive cover, everything... even his wheels are fakking brushed chrome. He then proceeds to tell me that this K5 with 3.08s does better in mud than his 85 pickup with 4.11s... I look again, just to make sure, and yup... not a single part of that truck has ever seen mud... this guy's gotta be on crack. So finally he leaves, just after my buddy and his girlfriend leave the party... I call my friend and rant for 5 minutes about how much I hate that guy and how fake he is... His brother tried to sell me an 84 K5 for like $5k because it had a 12 bolt rear end, and I nearly pissed myself when he and his brother told me they knew what they were talking about...

So anyway, that's my story for the week... that was grand...

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I love all the people who "THINK" they know :rolleyes:

3. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    :haha: your friend is a good guy...i woulda burst out laughing & pointing at him. then, i woulda said good luck on the sale :screwy: you shoulda snapped some pics

4. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm not in any way shape or form on his side (I would have busted up laughing too) but chrome does clean up better than bare metal as we all know so who knows it may have seen mud (highly doubt it) but some chrome does help when clean-up time comes.

-Avery

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

well, was it at least good looking?

6. PhoenixZorn

The whole truck is average... he's got a soft top on it, doesn't own a hard top anymore, no roll bar (the soft top bars are good enuf right boss?), and it's painted sh!t brown with some ghey desert mural painted into the CHEVROLET on the tailgate... Oh yeah... he also said he once had 44s on it... but it's not been chopped, it's only got 6" of lift, and he's running 35s right now and they are tight... So, I'd say it's average...

Besides that... he's running half ton axles, and until recently had 38s on it with an extra 2 inches of lift or something... according to what he said...

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hmmmm.......he is asking $10K and turned down an offer for $9500???

8. PhoenixZorn

That's why I called BS...