Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So this punk throws a beer bottle at me while I'm driving...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Apr 13, 2006.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

[RANT] WTF is with people anymore? Why are so many kids today nothing more than useless punks?

I'm driving my semi on the interstate in a moderately populated area at about 11 PM and a car is passing me on the left. The passenger rolled his window down and held out a beer bottle and threw it as high as he could into the air and it came down on my hood and shattered. Then the little a$$holes started to speed away like scared little bitches! Homey don't play that!, so I accelerated too (to a MPH in which I will not state) so I could watch where they go. They are weaving in and out of traffic and finally slow down and get in the right lane before an exit, so I move over too and take the same exit. They drive about a block and pull into Jack in the Box where all their buddies are. I am VERY angry at this point and pull up to the entrance to the place and block it off so no body could get out. I jumped out of my truck and yelled at the little punks for a few minutes telling them how stupid and dangerous stunts like that are and then some of his friends show up to yell at me. I told his friends to STFU and get away if they had any idea what was best for them. The kid says, "I didn't know it would make you that mad... and I really didn't think you would catch us". So I guess this makes it ok? I hate little bastards.

Normally I am a very peaceful and quiet person, and I can tolerate a lot before I get mad, but little a$$wipes like this really get to me. I wish I knew where he works so I could go throw sh!t at him. [/RANT]

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Any reason you didn't call 911 and have his ass (at least!) talked to by law enforcement?

Stuff like that is plain stupid, but if people get off with nothing other than a stern talking to by someone, more than likely they won't learn a thing.

I had a friend that got hit by some lady with a suspended license (obviously for her terrible driving), just out of jail, and no insurance. Since she fled from the scene, (luckily his car was still driveable to chase her down) did he call the police to make sure she didn't do the same to someone else? Nope, he let his insurance pay for it, and said lady continues to be on the streets. Can also thank him for higher insurance rates. She didn't stop to see if he was still alive, and if he were dead or seriously wounded, she would have still kept going.

That kid could have killed you, (or any innocent person around) and they would have kept going. Sure, they might have been caught eventually, but maybe next time they do it, it DOES kill or seriously injure somebody, or their property.

Sorry, not meaning to rag on you or get on the soapbox, it just gets me heated to see people get away with things that are so obviously life threatening and stupid, without real repercussions for their actions, especially when it may happen again. I don't see anything but good coming from calling the police in your instance.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Well, the thought did cross my mind to call the cops, but then I also figured they (the punks and their friends) would just lie about it and the cops wouldn't (or couldn't?) do anything, and then the punks would feel invincible because the poleece couldn't touch them. The little bastards were so scared that they only rolled the window down enough to hear me... until 5 of their friends showed up... then they got out.

On the other hand, if I did call the cops, the punks could explain how they were trying to escape from me at 85+ MPH and couldn't loose me. That equals jail time, a suspended license, and no job for me. I live in the area that this happened, and I have the vehicle description and plate number, so I'll be watching for them when I'm "off duty".

:confused: :mad:

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Very similar to me a couple of months ago.
    Some a$$hats dumped their ashtray in the middle of the road as the passed me on a four lane road through downtown. Then the passenger hit the side of my K-5 with a beer bottle! I thought about just sideswiping them, busting their mirror off with my baseball bat........lots of scenarios flashed through my head. But, the wife and kids were with me, so I quickly calmed down, got my cell phone out’ a my pocket and dialed 911. Reported drunk boys and their antics and a description of their tuck and license number. I tagged along several cars back, my first "shadowing" in a long time. Stayed on the phone with dispatch for about 10 minutes till a stop light stopped us. A lady cop coming the opposite way was eyeing the suspects, so I waved at her and nodded my head while pointing at the a$$hats truck. She flipped on her lights and cut through the traffic and pulled 'em over as they drove away. I drove past but didn't stop. Figured they had enough beer in 'em and the truck to get 'em busted! Hee, hee!

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You never can tell, you might had gotten a loose cannon with a badge showing up and he'd gone 10-8 on the little heathens......................:D

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Maybe? That would be cool, especially if the cops didn't like the punks for other reasons too. It's weird, but anytime I see the cops bustin' a$$ it makes me all giggly inside... even if it's something as simple as a speeding ticket being issued.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

thanks to my demolition derby and enduro racing experience, i've got a pretty good idea how to stop most vehicles on the road with a single hit. chase em down, and when it is "safe", grind em to a halt. seen it done a couple times here in town, very effective, especially if you have the opportunity to rub down the drivers side of the car with a bumper. most of the time, it will catch the back of the door, and pull it forward, jamming the latch. bad guy no get out of his ride when its broke, to run away.

around here, non insured, non english speaking drivers are VERY common. had one pull out in front of my dad a few months back, when dad made impact, the driver immediately put the car into reverse. unfortunately for him, his abrupt change of direction broke the transmission within a few feet. oh, and his car was a little "screwed up". guy wasnt the owner of the car, didnt have a DL, and didnt have permission to drive it, so their insurance company refused to pay for it. saw him a few weeks later driving a nice Mustang... well now, it used to be nice. :D

IMAG0172.JPG

IMAG0175.JPG

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

:bow: :haha: