Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So, went to my wife's X-mas party last night

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tRustyK5, Nov 23, 2003.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

So, went to my wife\'s X-mas party last night

We went to a really nice Greek restaurant for the annual X-mas party last night. Nice place, food was great and later on they had a band play.

OK, the band was a little lame...but during their second set we see this guy who'd also been at some party get up and grab the guitar. The lead singer basically just stood back and let this guy sing what he wanted. I figured it was gonna be painful, like bad karaoke or something...

Anyways, he starts off kinda slow on the guitar and opens with "Sheets of empty canvas..." and I gotta say he blew everyone away...including the band. (The song was "Black" by Pearl Jam) He just nailed it, and when he was done gave the guitar back and sat down. The lead singer of the band just shook his head and tried to carry on, but he'd just had his a$$ handed to him by some guy in the audience...

It was pretty cool, and I was dead sober (designated loser...er I mean driver)

Later on one of the guys in our group went and played drums..."Honky Tonk Woman" Did a good job on that too.

Rene

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: So, went to my wife\'s X-mas party last night

sounds like a great time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

This story is worthless without pics of the guys face when that happened. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i wanna see pics

i went to party next door and damn i rarely ever drink. but damn i got plastered big time last night, skye and captain morgan and bud light, im a lighweight, everyone told me i was toasted, and now are two pics of me sitting in a high chair i dotn know but i guess i barely can fit in one im skinny enough, hmmm i dont remember the last half of the night, and everyone was playing poker, quarters and dollars everywhere, tons and tons, we doing it again next saturday woo hoo\

another party we had a couple months back my brother came too close to putting his motorcycle head first face first into pavement out here on third street. i missed it cuz i was in here zoning out or something or on one of the puters in here- and so everyone else watched it happen,. a couple ppl came in here and were begging me to keep his keys away from him for the rest of the night,
    hehehehe
    being a bachelor with a couple roommates plus with neighbors in same age group usually keeps life pretty crazy or interesting most all of the time day or night
    happy partying /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

That is a classic song from Pearl Jam. very emotional. not anyone could pull it off. i can only dream of singing that well, much less writing an amazing song like that.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Like I said the first few words clued me to what he was singing right away, and I was amazed anyone would attempt that. Definitely not an easy song to sing, especially really well. To have a dinner, not do any prep or warm up and then to just step on stage and nail it was pretty damn impressive.

If i had had a few drinks I would have doubted my recollection of how good he did (you know how the band sounds better and better the more you drink...) but all I had was a soda and three cups of coffee all night.

No I did not get any pic's.

The funny part was about half the crowd were older folks who had no clue who Pearl Jam even was...let alone realize the guy did a great job of it.

It is a very pain filled emotional song, amazing lyrics, and when performed well just wrenches your guts out...

Rene

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay.
    were laid spread out before me as her body once did
    All five horizons revolved around her soul
    As the earth to the sun
    Now the air I tasted and breathed
    Has taken a turn
    Ooh, and all I taught her was everything
    Ooh, I know she gave me all that she wore
    And now my bitter hands
    shade beneath the clouds
    Of what was everything?
    Oh, the pictures have all been washed in black,
    Tattooed everything...

I take a walk outside
    I'm surrounded by some kids at play
    I can feel their laughter,
    So why do I sneer?
    hard and twisted thoughts that spin round my head
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning
    How quick the sun can, drop away
    And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
    Of what was everything
    All the pictures have all been washed in black,
    tattooed everything...

All the love gone bad
    Turned my world to black
    Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I'll be...yeah...

Uh huh...uh huh...ooh...
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    I know you'll be the sun
    In somebody else's sky, but why
    Why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine...