Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So what are you suppost to do AFTER a roll over?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Apr 20, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

List of things to check or change after a roll over....

IE Pants /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif, then check the oil and fluids.... what else /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Check to see if your kids are alright... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifHere we go again... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Turn the truck off immediately. Check and see if everyone is ok and grab fire extinguisher. Check to make sure there is no gas leaking. Flip it back over check all the fluids and refire.

You must turn the engine off for fire reasons and an FI motor will run upside down and you will blow the motor if you let it run that way.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I would pull the plugs and get the oil of the cylinders before you fire it up... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

roll it back onto all fours /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

We didn't do that to Denver75K5 (TJ's) truck after it was flipped over and off a big rock it landed on when it came back on all 4's. Fired up and ran fine. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Harley

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well, if you want to get technical about it
    1. check to see if there's any injuries
    2. check for fires and kill engine
    3. roll back over(controlling it, so it doesn't roll again)
    4. get oil out of cylinders.
    5. top off fluids
    6. Start engine
    7. Make sure nothing else is broken
    8. mop up fluids on the ground
    9. other stuff I didn't think of... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Get a bigger hammer?

9. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I usually just go WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! F*&K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Sometimes you don't have to do that part. I've seen it happen both ways. I know two weeks ago when Toby rolled at Hell's Revenge, he had some oil in a few cylinders. But, I do it anyway just as a precaution... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I usually just go WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! F*&K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    Sometimes you don't have to do that part. I've seen it happen both ways. I know two weeks ago when Toby rolled at Hell's Revenge, he had some oil in a few cylinders. But, I do it anyway just as a precaution... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of lazy /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif so i will probley skip that step unless it was upside down for more than a few minutes /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What do you do to get the oil out? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I'm looking forward to that part /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

14. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Mine was upside down for about 10 to 15 minutes and I just started her up and drove her to a flat spot. She was about 1/2 a quart low on oil. I lost more 90wt out of the top of the tranny than I did motor oil. I scooped it all up out of the trail and put it in a garbage bag w/ all the glass... you don't want to leave a mess behind.

15. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Pull a plug, disconnect the ignition so the engine doesn't start, and crank it over just a little. Stand clear of the engine, whatever's in the cylinder will shoot out fast! You use the same procedure to get water out of the cylinders when your hydrolocked...

16. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I scooped it all up out of the trail and put it in a garbage bag w/ all the glass... you don't want to leave a mess behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We didn't do that to Denver75K5 (TJ's) truck after it was flipped over and off a big rock it landed on when it came back on all 4's. Fired up and ran fine. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but we DID need to add a quart of oil so it would show up on his dipstick /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Chris

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    So what are you suppost to do AFTER a roll over?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let Tecton know about it and ask him for his opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

19. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]

Let Tecton know about it and ask him for his opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

20. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Get a bigger hammer?

[/ QUOTE ]'

lmao /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif