Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So what can we do about gas prices?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Mar 31, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I heard on the radio today the OPAC is dropping production by 4% in order to get the average price of gas up to $2/gal. Here in Indiana today it went from $1.60 to $1.79. I'm hearing some retailers are going to start charging $1.95 to just get close to the $2 a gal rate.

So what can we as consumers do, or can government offices step in to get prices under control? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

time for propane?

i dont know, but people wont stand for this crap for too long

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    time for propane?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go check the price of propane. Now add in all the road and state and federal taxes. You'll notice that Propane is the same price as gasoline...

People won't stand for this crap long? We've been standing for it for over 20 years now haven't we? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

When everyone decides enough is enough what will they do? Walk to work? Ride a bike? No way Jose... They will just keep paying and griping about it. Nothing is going to change except the price of gas.

Personaly, I think this would be a much better reason to go to war than looking for non-existant WMDs. I think it's all a huge scam that starts at the White House. It's time for Georgie Boy to uncap the wells we have here in the states... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Break out the wallet, if all you've got to worry about in life is gas prices, then consider yourself lucky /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif (not directed at you jjlaughner) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Also oil companies limit refined oil production to keep the price high. We've needed a refinery in AZ for years and years but they wont build one since it would bring the price down because the supply would increase. We have the 7th largest city in the USA and no refinery in the entire state. We take gas from TX and CA which drives up the price in those states as well by lowering the supply. Allowing a communist dictator to continue in Venezuela doesnt help either, this is one area of the world we could control easily. #1 build more refineries, #2 start drilling in Alaska, #3 take more control in middle east and Venezuela.

6. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Yup, and the prices for the gas guzzling crate motors keep goig up, car prices keep going up,Realestate(SP) everthing is going up! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Just get everbody to stop purchasing any thing for one week and see what happens to the prices! But it'll never happen! People are to dependent on everyday things! Start drilling for oil in Alaska!
    Bill

7. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm hearing some retailers are going to start charging $1.95 to just get close to the $2 a gal rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL. . .too funny. close to the $2 a gallon. . .
    man i can't remember when it was last less than $2 a gallon. i paid $2.13 a gallon at the pump yesterday and that was at a "cheap" place. be glad you don't live here. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Break out the wallet, if all you've got to worry about in life is gas prices, then consider yourself lucky /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif (not directed at you jjlaughner) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well see that's the thing... I break the wallet out and its empty so I use the CC... now its maxed /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    in the last 3 months I have 340$ worth of gas and I dont even have a freakin job to drive back and forth to, that just trips around town and occationally over to a friends house! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Time to buy all diesel rigs and start making your own bio-diesel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That is my plan for the next 2-3 years.

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I think he's talking about the national average, besides California is it's own little country over there anyway.

What can we do about gas prices, not a damn thing, as far as i'm concerned, OPEC owns the world market. When they raise the prices, or cut production to make prices rise, then everybody needs to raise their prices to make up for the difference in profit lose. Do some indepth research and you'll also find out that some of the owners at OPEC also technically owns american currency, meaning our own government,(even though we do print it) is not ours to begin with, it's been a huge loan for along time. so the country will never actually be out of debt, i don't care what bonehead Bill Clinton said he did.

As far as the gas again, we'll just have to deal with it and get screwed like everybody in the world is, i hear they have been paying quite abit more overseas than we do for along time now, thats why you hear about the truckers going on strike every so often over there. We're too hung up on trying to make money, rather then do something about the rising cost of living and fuel costs.

So unless people start doing something about it and quit bitching about it, just deal with it is what i say, bend over and apply extra lube.
    /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

11. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I heard on the radio today the OPAC is dropping production by 4% in order to get the average price of gas up to $2/gal. Here in Indiana today it went from $1.60 to $1.79. I'm hearing some retailers are going to start charging $1.95 to just get close to the $2 a gal rate.

So what can we as consumers do, or can government offices step in to get prices under control? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We should get Hybrid economy cars...
    So the OPEC Nations don't have that much power!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

It seems...
    They want the US out of that part of the World...
    Cutting Oil production...is there way of sending us a message.. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

BUSH NEEDS TO GET OFF HIS DEAD ASS...AND SEE WHAT THE [darn] IS UP!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Electric powered Suburban??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

14. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

What can we do about gas prices???

Nothing, LETS GO WHEELIN !! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    time for propane?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go check the price of propane. Now add in all the road and state and federal taxes. You'll notice that Propane is the same price as gasoline...

People won't stand for this crap long? We've been standing for it for over 20 years now haven't we? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

When everyone decides enough is enough what will they do? Walk to work? Ride a bike? No way Jose... They will just keep paying and griping about it. Nothing is going to change except the price of gas.

Personaly, I think this would be a much better reason to go to war than looking for non-existant WMDs. I think it's all a huge scam that starts at the White House. It's time for Georgie Boy to uncap the wells we have here in the states... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually George is trying to but the treehugging liberal pukes wont let him. He FINALY won and got a little bit of land in ANWAR to start drilling in.

16. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well see that's the thing... I break the wallet out and its empty so I use the CC... now its maxed /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    in the last 3 months I have 340$ worth of gas and I dont even have a freakin job to drive back and forth to, that just trips around town and occationally over to a friends house! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In 2002 I spent $56,000+ for fuel. Fuel is up .50 cents per gallon since then. I don't want to think about how much I'm gonna spend this year. When it hits $2/gallon avg., trucking companies WILL start shuting down. Then what? Think about it for a second....... really what next? What happens when you go to Walmart/Vons/Ralphs/Champs autoparts/Orielys/Autozone/7-11/Kmart /Starbucks/Tacobell/PapaJohns/McDonalds/OfficeMax/JCPennys/Walgreens/ or [insert] your favorite store and the shelfs are empty. Even your local hospital,you didn't think prescription drugs grew in your backyard did you? What will you do? Shrug your shoulders? Yes I drive a truck for a living, but if I have to shut down my rig no big deal, I can fall back on other things and make the same money I make now. But whats scary is what happens when they all shut down? What would you guys do in that situation? Seriously? I know that if it came down to it, first thing I would do is buy up as much ammo as possible (as if I dont already have enough) and tell my wife to go out and buy up as much canned food as possible. AND YES I WOULD KNOW ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU!!!! cause I move the freight. Sorry to say it but I dont care about anyone else outside of my family, do you think I would give anyone the heads up? Hell no survival of the fittest.

Maybe I went to far, but remember I dont spend $10 a day on fuel. On a good day maybe $200 bucks and yes there is a point when it wont be worth my time. Believe it or not your lives/lifestyles somewhat depend on the price of fuel. Think about it...... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Oh by the way, Wensday a bill was passed before the House of Representatives to allow all states to toll existing interstates and highways. What do you think about that? $2/gallon and $2/mile just to get to your $2/hr job /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif. A similiar bill is in front of the Senate as we speak. 202-225-3121 is the tele# to the Capitol switchboard, wanna do something about it, here you go, do something!!!!! 202-225-3121

18. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh by the way, Wensday a bill was passed before the House of Representatives to allow all states to toll existing interstates and highways. What do you think about that? $2/gallon and $2/mile just to get to your $2/hr job /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif. A similiar bill is in front of the Senate as we speak. 202-225-3121 is the tele# to the Capitol switchboard, wanna do something about it, here you go, do something!!!!! 202-225-3121

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to convert my truck to run on politicians hot air and false promises. It is like perpetual motion machine and free because they can't help it, just imagine election years! WOW we could go to the moon! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

In 2002 I spent $56,000+ for fuel. Fuel is up .50 cents per gallon since then. I don't want to think about how much I'm gonna spend this year. When it hits $2/gallon avg., trucking companies WILL start shuting down. Then what? Think about it for a second....... really what next? What happens when you go to Walmart/Vons/Ralphs/Champs autoparts/Orielys/Autozone/7-11/Kmart /Starbucks/Tacobell/PapaJohns/McDonalds/OfficeMax/JCPennys/Walgreens/ or [insert] your favorite store and the shelfs are empty. Even your local hospital,you didn't think prescription drugs grew in your backyard did you? What will you do? Shrug your shoulders? Yes I drive a truck for a living, but if I have to shut down my rig no big deal, I can fall back on other things and make the same money I make now. But whats scary is what happens when they all shut down? What would you guys do in that situation? Seriously? I know that if it came down to it, first thing I would do is buy up as much ammo as possible (as if I dont already have enough) and tell my wife to go out and buy up as much canned food as possible. AND YES I WOULD KNOW ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU!!!! cause I move the freight. Sorry to say it but I dont care about anyone else outside of my family, do you think I would give anyone the heads up? Hell no survival of the fittest.

Maybe I went to far, but remember I dont spend $10 a day on fuel. On a good day maybe $200 bucks and yes there is a point when it wont be worth my time. Believe it or not your lives/lifestyles somewhat depend on the price of fuel. Think about it...... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ooooooooooooooook
    lets not take the hills just yet tanto

20. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...buy up as much ammo as possible...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Good idea. But I like to buy it up a little at a time. Everytime I go to Academy(sporting goods) or Walmart I buy a box or two. Then at every gun show(only once a month here /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) I buy in bulk...I don't look like a freak buying a thousand rounds at the gun show... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif