Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So, what do you think?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5 beast, Oct 12, 2005.

1. k5 beast

k5 beast Registered Member

Hello everyone,
    I purchased a 1979 k5 from a grandmother about 7 months ago. She was the original owner and seemed to have kept it around strickly for sintimental reasons, I say this because they are very wealthy. This thing came loaded, every option and I have the window sticker along with every service bill. It has a 400 motor, auto 350, locking rear, rear roll bar, power windows, cruise control, two tone paint, and more. The only draw back was rust in the usuall spots just behind the wheels on the rockers and the top. So I glassed the holes and painted with Mimron air craft paint, for the white part and standard dupont metal flake for the silver. Then I put a 2 inch lift in the front and 3 inch in the back. I painted the original wagon wheels black and kept the original center caps. I mounted 33" dunlop mud rovers and that is it. It is stock other than that. It has 109457 miles on it right now and according to her it has never been off road. There are no signs of being off road. I changed the fluid in the diffs and tran prior to investing in the body, and everthing looked great. The thing starts right up and runs like a top. The interior is in good shape although not perfect. So what do yall think? Is this thing worth a couple of grand or so. Should I hold on to it. Do I have a good find or what

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

If it's truely unmolested, it's worth a few grand. A picture is worth 1000 words.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Where are the pictures??

4. k5 beast

k5 beast Registered Member

I don't think that I can post a picture, due to not being a paying member. But, it is two tone (white & silver) and looks great.

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

you could upload pics to webshots and then post the link.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

8. chasone64

chasone64 Registered Member