Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So what should I DO?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by George_Pimpdaddy, Mar 19, 2007.

1. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

F@uk so this morning i wake up and find all 4 bfg tires on my truck slashed my question is im going to a 14ff and a 3/4 10b front with 4.10 gears soon i already hve the axles but need it to dry up a bit before i attempt to install a 4" lift with my ideal 35" bfg mud's. So i had the 31"'s on and was wondering if i should just get the 35" or 33" for now and save money on buying wht i relly want now. If i put the 35" tires on will i be okay without a lift for now only city driving no flexin and my front fenders were cut before for 4" and 35"s so will this be okay any pics of it? thanks guys this is the only thing thats keeping me from killing the person who did it as i know them and so do the police. thanks a ton guys:(

2. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

If your fenders are already cut, then you should be able to skweeze 35s under without the lift. 33s will fit, no problem.

And I'd definitely be opening a can of whoopass on whatever jackass slashed those tires.

3. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

buy whatever you want and send that idiot the bill. man, i hate people who screw with someone else's vehicle.

but yes, 35" with trimmed fenders at stock height should easily work on a street-only basis. i wouldn't recommend attempting tight turns, though.

4. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey man! Is this on your newer truck, or your K5?

if you want some cheap MTs for now, I can get you a set of 35/11.5/15 Uniroyal MT Radials for 300 bucks. Got a fair bit of tread on em, around 75% (13mm), but have some dry rot cracking on them. They are in Blackfalds, but I have a buddy who could bring them up not this next weekend, but the weekend after, or even I could bring them up if I head south this week, pending a deal works out.

In the meantime, if it is your K5 that got vandalized I've got a set of stock K5 6 bolt wheels / tires (I think they are smaller than 31" though) you can roll on until you get new tires. Just shoot me a PM if you need them.

Russ

5. George_Pimpdaddy

Wow thanks for the offer man im already thinkin bout 33"s or 35"s and its on my k5 my only dd so im thinkin im droppin some coin at the tire shop today.
    Still no pics of 35" with no lift???

6. mrdrinksalil

mrdrinksalil 1/2 ton status

The best part of having something like that is the revenge..... it is soooo sweet... Just ask the guy who keyed my Grand Cherokee... :)

7. Russell

Ah, thought you had a newer white chevy you met me with while I was at the apartment building a year or so ago, guess things change eh? :D

Well, lemme know if you need the rollers if the 35s won't fit. I imagine they will with trimming, I've seen it before. They definitely fill the wheel wells up, lol

8. George_Pimpdaddy

lol nope that was a piece of **** ford ranger man

9. Russell

Ok, so I just have a really bad memory then :d

10. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

I had 35X12.5s on my truck with no lift for a little while. I had to trim the front fenders a little and trimmed some of the inner wheelwell. The tires still rubbed at full steer and when I would flex it. I took it off-road this way and it actually worked real well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. George_Pimpdaddy

im pretty sure im doin the 35"s bfg mud terrains thank god for doing my taxes today i now have tire money. Oh yea the f@ckin police lol basically there gonna go talk to him yad yad unless hes caught red handed bull ****.

12. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Yep... time to open a can of whoopass.

13. George_Pimpdaddy

So Update time yesterday i picked up my 35X12.5X15 BFG Mud Terrain's wow what a look with no lift i had to clearance out the lower fender lips with the saw-all. Im charging up my digi camera batteries right now ill snap a few flex shots in the alley or something.

14. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

So how do you know this same jackass isn't going to come slash your new tires, since he got away with it last time without so much as a slap on the wrist?

15. George_Pimpdaddy

Oh well thankfully for costco i bought a set of outdoor cameras one for the front and one for the rear that hook up to my pc. Also installed a super bright sensor light front and back aswell. And im gonna get my alarm reset this week asap. And i left the truck out front with teh flats for over a day so i had all my good neighbours come ask about it and now more outside lights are on at night as well i notice on my block. Anyways i better get takin those pics before its to late.