Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So what should I do?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lizard, Sep 8, 2002.

1. lizard

lizard 1/2 ton status

I took the top off the Jimmy after 3 long years of rebuilding the body. Now that it is off I really dont want to put it back on. Once I do my roll cage I think a bikini top will keep the elements off just right without ruining the open top feel.

My top is sitting in the driveway beside my house and I cant decide if I should keep it or get it outta here. I dont have a lot of space to store stuff and I got three project vehicles as it is. It's even harder to decide because I bought the truck basically for the top. It's a single wall with a clean hatch - just needs minor restoration to make perfect. So anybody got a clue for what to do? Am I gonna kick myself if I rid of it?

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I can't say weather you will regret it or not, being that you live in Florida and all. I have family there and so I know when it rains it RAINS, but I think the climate is such that a soft top or bikini would be perfect. Unless your going for an orignal look. Maybe have some sort of pulley system so when your not going to need it you don't need any help to put the top back on. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif So you would "store" it on the truck.

3. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Get a dog and use it for a doghouse.