Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So, what'd it cost ??? how much $$$$ are we talking ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: So, what\'d it cost ??? how much $$$$ are we talking ???

Just talked to Jess on the phone, Quoted me a price under $700.00 for the rear shaft with the upgrade to the 14 bolt FF. Now that sounds like a good price to me !!!!! He even gives CK5 members a discount. Real nice guy to talk to also. I know where the next extra $700.00 I get will be going !!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

full price yer lookin at $1000+ thats for front and rear/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    i just got my rear 1350 CV and it was alomst half that but you only have to buy it once.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think it'll be worth it. I'm going to get the rear shaft as soon as I can aford it, I'll get the front shaft when I get a Dana 60 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Thats f**ked up, the paint on the bottom of the CK5er truck is nicer then the paint on my truck...whats up with that!!!
    But anyway...I like it, don't know if I can afford it, but will be looking to get something stronger under my truck...alittle at a time....
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif <font color="red"> ANAHEIM ANGLES </font color>

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Yup, thast the first thing I noticed... how clean the underside is! Its in better condition than my 01 maxima! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Nice Rig! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Are you kidding me, there is at least 2" of sludge on the bottom of the body. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

doode ya don't know what derek takes his maxima threw(sp?) i've seen him go through the biggest water puddles on the street ever. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif shoot i think he did take his dads van off road once. lol. crazy guy i tell ya. lol. later.

jacob

9. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

It almost leaks as bad as mine. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I'm going to attempt to fix mine this weekend so I can give the title of "Exxon Valdez" back to you. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

dude for $700 for that....the only thing different than the normal one is the size of the tube..if you want a really strong C/V Get a BAMF from driveline service (only $25 more for a stronger shaft) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Driveline Service BAMF it is an awsome shaft...i have beat the crap out of it since i got it in feb-march and have yet to break it...i did bend the tube once but i ran it with a bent tube for like 2 months before i got around to pullin it off and gettin it fixed and never did wipe out a u-joint or the c/v its self...i want one for the front too...but the whole part time job and goin to school really cuts down on the $$ leval

11. CK5

How is it stronger?

12. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

the c/v part of it is stronger...there are no nedle bearings or any type of berings to go out in the cv..the actual u joit size is a 32mm cup witch is about = to the 1350 in which jess uses..and this c/v has a working angle of up to 42 deg...if i remember correct (dont quote me on this one) but most normal c/v's are in the area of 30-35 deg max working angle..

13. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

hey the so called bmaf c/v is alot cheaper than that its now a whopping 669.00 - and our 1350 c/v starts at 500 with a flange where the bamf one is 700+ with a flange - its about 200 more - now there may be end yokes involved with the other price not just 700 $ for my 1350 c/v - come awne! But it was a nice plug for your bud huh chaz- /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

once again you are slightly wrong...the 700 includes the flange off the t-case! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ...and hell yea i am goin to plug a shop that puts out a good product...i am not sayin yours is crap...but you just make it sound like your products are inferrior to everyone elses...and i think that is compleate B.S. you need to climb off you high horse and pull that stick out of your A$$ and realize you are not the only one in the drive shaft buss. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

15. drivelineman

hey man your too funny- its all about not pissing off everyone- you have your view of me and hey its all good- thanks for the post! we do offer this 42 degree c/v too only if you really need it- /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. CK5

I was hoping that you would read this. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Imkunfused

Imkunfused Registered Member

Jess.. the shaft Chaz is talking about has a max of 52, and a can go highspeed at 42 all day long. The shaft can be tailored to the rear axle, no need to swap pinion yokes unless they want to. Ive seen the shaft personally, and the cv honestly makes the 1350 look small.. Also, no way form or how do i work for driveline service.. I work in the IT business

18. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

No way, I got mine here and it was alot less, you can get your travel specific to your rig too, if you are shackle flipped, youll need it longer travel. Tom Woods DRivelines

19. drivelineman

Imkunfused its a 42 degree c/v from italy check your info again- and its real close to 1410 series - i have 6 sets sitting right next to me this morning the c/v h-yoke is 1/4 larger daimater thats a little bit but not a huge amount larger - but 52 degree max flex no way and still operating your out of your mind- please go check your #'s again- jess

20. drivelineman

Were all working hard to give you good prices and also a good product and great customer service- don't forget i said this - all- tom -fresno - me and so on- Jess