Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So, what'd y'all think 'bout this E-Bay trick?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So, what\'d y\'all think \'bout this E-Bay trick?

At the first of the month, I won an auction for an air compressor to run a hydro ram for the bender. Well, they never got the check, some e-mails, they said they would be sending and the wife cancelled the check and sent another one. Today, I get a phone call from the sister-in-law, "I've got a guitar addressed to your wife today." I'm WTF over, somebody needs to start splainin to Bubba Ray fourteen days ago since I was going out tomorrow to get her one. Sister-in-law tells me the return address is some tool company (you see where this is going now?) and I don't have a clue. So I tell her not to say anything to the wife, to inquire with the in-laws. So I get home, the wife tells me she's got a funny story.

Here's what happened, sister-in-law called her, wife called tool place, turns out the auction was for the guitar, but the company misadvertised on E-Bay. So they are suppose to be sending the compressor and the wife got the guitar (and it's a cheapy, but what the heck?) for Christmas.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: So, what\'d y\'all think \'bout this E-Bay trick?

So thats why I never buy anything off ebay.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: So, what\'d y\'all think \'bout this E-Bay trick?

First problem I've ran into, though it's only the fourth auction I've won. Just this week, I took delivery of two brand new K&N 14"x6" filters for $42 and then one K&N Prefilter and Outerwear along with a mongo 14"x6" stock car air filter housing with accompaning reusable air filter for $27. Not bad if I say so myself.