Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

so whats the best rear shock angle (inboarding shocks)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Jul 12, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Should they be right at 45* or should I try to get them more vertical?

I'm planning an upper truss setup on the 14bolt (for possible future linking of the rear), and I'm going to weld the shock tabs to the top of the truss setup.

I'm also trying to figure out how high I need to the make the rear mount in order to stuff the rear tires and get the shocks all the way compressed and still have good droop with the rear 56's.

So how are the folks with 56" rear springs doing the shocks? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Re: so whats the best rear shack angle (inboarding shocks)

When I build my cage I am going to incorperate shock hoops, so the shocks would come up through the bed and hook up. That should alow for alot of flex.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

im not sure of all the phisics, but for best dampening you want the shock vertical. when you angle them your loosing some dampening, but gaining travel.

i think 45* is a little much, not sure what your 56" springs travel. i know the 52" are about 15", so im gonna guess 18-20" /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif with a 15" travel shock, i think, 25-30* is the way to go. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif