Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So what's the big deal with war?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Feb 2, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

So what\'s the big deal with war?

If we go to war?

I'm sitting here thinking about it, and really don't see so much the big deal. Aside from the service men and women being away from thier families and possibly the target of hate in a mideastern country, are they really in that much of harms way? I'm beginning to see this as "yeah, he can do us damage if we let him lie, but putting our forces against his is like using a dump truck next to a wheelbarrow. How much do we realistically have to fear?"

How many people did we lose in Desert Storm that were a result of the enemies action? The big thing I hear about from desert storm vets is the chemical stuff that our government may have inflicted in attempt to vaccinate.

My thinking is that the days of vietnam, where we lose people like running a faucet, are over.

As far as the war coming to our turf, I fear that more than any action in another country; all we need is more excuses for government/law enforcement (no disrespect meant to fellow CK5er's in law enforcement) to put it's nose in private citizens business. Going to war with Iraq is not likely to spark any more anti-american/domestic-soil terrorism attempts than are already being attempted or planned without being at war, and if it does spark more terrorism locally, the planners would hopefully be stupid enough to get caught, since they're stupid enough to try something when everyone's expecting something. Our worst domestic terrorist event happened when we were not at war or in aggression (that the public knows of) with anyone.

Tired of the talk without action. If we're gonna go to war, let's go. If we're not, let's get off the pot. Enough of these stupid news channel dramatic logos and music, then some homo standing there talking about what a world bully we are, when we're covering our backs. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Anyway, just my morning musing over coffee. Certainly no disrespect meant to any servicemen/women or vets in any way.

Your thoughts?

2. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

Re: So what\'s the big deal with war?

i pretty much agree with you. the united states armed service is the most dominating military force in the history of the world. we're better than the roman army was in its time. no one in the world can stand up to our military - period. our services are better trained and have better equipment than anyone else. look at afganistan. we lost a handful of men, and most of that was our own fault.

If we're going to war, lets go. if not, then let saddam sit there and think of how he tricked us again.

btw, i salute all of our service men and women who are in/going to Iraq. God bless you all. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

i agree with you 100%. i'm tired of seein all the liberal people on the news talking bad bout our pres and how he isn't doing a good job. if he wants war then by god i'm gonna back him up. to all the vets and people currently in the military thank you and be safe. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

jacob

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I say let's do it to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only reason Osama's pussyass attacked is becouse he saw us as weak in his mind. If we show those ragheads we ain't nobody to **** with, we won't get $h!t on again !!!!!! It's always been, the strongest survives, and always will be !!!!!!!!!

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    How many people did we lose in Desert Storm that were a result of the enemies action?

[/ QUOTE ]

One unneccesary death, is too much.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Right, but the point is that those death's are as much a product of "war" as a helicopter crash at a base in Arizona during routine exercise. The only reason that kind of casualty can be blamed on war is because if there were no war, it wouldn't have happened, which is a vague reason, too wide to apply.

Not that I disagree with you at all, one death is too many. and all deaths during war should be unnecessary.

7. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I agree that yeah we shouldn't be too worried about war afecting us other than high prices and missing loved ones.But i dont by any means think iraq is a pushover.dump truck to wheel barell??Not likely.They have fought us once before they know what we are capable of and how much technology have you yourself been able to get ahold of that we didnt have ten years ago?TONS.No internet.nothing much at all so when you think about it things have changed big time. I wouldnt be surprized if they are much better funded for this war as compared to the last one.I guess it all comes down to wait and see and hope for the best.

8. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

we lost more soilders in the six months leading up to desert storm{desert shield}because of accidents while training than we did in the conflict so in other words its safer to be at war /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif go army