Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So whats the difference?

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by bigcountryk5, Mar 27, 2005.

1. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

alright i've decided that the DD (91 furd ranger) is in need of a paint job. (actually it has badly needed one for quite some time now!! :crazy: ) so i'm gonna do it myself. i have read up a little and can turn my dad'a garge into a temp. makeshift paintbooth where i can better control the conditions etc. already have the compressor will soon be purchasing a pneumatic sander-already pretty much have it picked out. will be practicing on my rig and then my brothers rig to try and develop some technique. then on to the ranger i will go.

i am doing it myself because 1) would be pretty stoked to be able to spray a decent job on something 2) TO SAVE MONEY 3) to develop a new skill and be able to decently cover the K5 again when it returns from the trail with much less paint than it left with. :deal: :whistle: :cool:

so in my quest to save money i need a good lasting HVLP spray gun regulators etc. that will last, perform well, and not break the bank!

thus brings me to my questions

what makes some guns cost upwards of 500$ dollars? (i know i won't need a gun of this quality but would like o know why i carries such a heafty price tag?)

-what would be a good gun to mach the earlier stated needs?

-what other pieces do i need here? what other possible tools? What regulators and how many, what kind? etc. etc.............

-Oh, and what is a decent economical primer, base and clear to start with (good price easy to work with etc.)

any help would be greatly appreciated and hell if i do have a nak for it i'll be sparying my buddies trucks in no time for practice :D

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

nobody knows anything?