Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

so whats the skinny on these leveling kits?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by COCHEV, Feb 10, 2004.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

anyone know any thing about these ?

i searched on offroad.com and no one had any decent info. they sound ok for just a little lift. better than just cranking. anyone???

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nope, don't touch them. They do the same crap as cranking the bars. On the newer 99+ trucks you can do that with no negative actions but on the older trucks it doesn't work for some reason. I wanted to put them on my 95 for more lift and the guys over at fullsizechevy.com said NO WAY. I cranked my tbars a bit to level that thing out, rode fine as far as I'm concerned and sat much more level than it did before.

3. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Just Tighten a little bit on ur tbars I did 2in on mine and the ride was fine untill i took out my Sway bar and i have shot shocks so now its like driving a boat fun times lots of up and down motion but for the most part its ok. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah my 2500 had the boat ride going but I drove that thing like a nut and PA is known for horrible roads. Man I miss that truck /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif It was too much fun, lost my license to it, they apparently don't like it when you are going down a 50mph speed limit road and you leave an unmarked surburban a mile in your dust.