Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So where are we going to have the next run?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by K5DRAGER, Jun 10, 2003.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Well, just like it says, just wondering where the next run is going to be? Does anyone have any plans for a run in the near future? Is there going to be a Midwest summer run? Just trying to figure out when I can sneek away for the weekend again. I have a couple little bugs to work out before I beat the snot out of her again and don't want to tear into anything to big if something is coming up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I agree. I'll bring FIDE Dollas. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Does this place have a website? Would really like to check it out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Uh .. I don't think old Earl is the website type

6. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Hrmmm... when are we talking? I've got TWO trucks that I need to put back together before I can get to a run... but at least I know where I am getting all the parts from now! Brent (K5DRAGER) totally hooked me up with a donor EFI motor, and the 241 case that I need for the Burb. As for the other /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif motor I still need... its coming from St. Louis on the 20th. I'm meeting stroked72blazer's cousin IIRC... to swap my Olds 403 for a 350 block with Voretc heads and an Edelbrock intake. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Once thats all taken care of, I will have everything I need to get BOTH rigs going! Then all I need is TIME TIME TIME... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I'll keep everyone posted. Get some plans made for late July / early August and I might just be in business. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Dan

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I can make another run depending on distance. My truck isn't a trailer queen once dan's rig gets going, so I'm gonna hafta drive it and cross my fingers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

8. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    Does this place have a website? Would really like to check it out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out Capital City Crawlers site, We have been taking lots of trail photos. We are in the process of widening the trails from old ATV trails, as well as cutting new ones. This place is well worth the trip. Challenges for any rig. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Check out The Potowatomi Trip pics here: http://www.capitalcitycrawlers.com/tripphotos.htm

9. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Yeah, when is a big question. I'd really like to make this one, but the whole month of october is full for me. Any ideas of when you guys are planning this?

BIGJ

10. Mudzer

You probably know my status... We are (Pam & I) going to be having a Baby real soon, so I've been busy working around the house and trying not to spend money. If someone wants to host the Summer K5 Thing, I can provide some decals which I purchased last year ($3 each) and might try to make it, just dont have any planning time. I will definately resume a full schedule next year.

I am working on our trip report from the Spring K5 Thing, and should have it posted real soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Hey Mudzer, I'm willing to help or maybe even put it on with HELP, I've never put one on and have no real knowledge of putting things up on the web or getting sponsers for raffles. But I do like to wheel and meet people so I guess thats half the battle and since hardly no one is posting in this forum I guess its time to get some things rollin. Let me know what ya think Mudzer and for that fact everyone else. And remember If Mudzer think's I'm worthy I will need ALOT of HELP. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

12. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Brent-

Usually the events only get sponsors once a year per club, as that is most vendor's policy. As for planning the next trip... HOLD YER HORSES for a minute! I've almost got the Suburban done, and then I will move on to the K5. I think I can make a run in the first or second week of August... is that soon enough for you?

Let me know what you have in mind. I helped plan the spring run this year, and we had a ton of people not make it to this run since it was kind of far away. Lets find a good place to go to nearby... IE: Less than 10 hours from Chicago? I think Fulton (I think thats the new place in MO) would serve us well.

Lets start with that. Let me know what you think. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Thanks!

-Dan

13. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Fulton sounds like a plan. And so does sometime in Aug. That will give me some time to put some new tires on the tow rig. I was just wanting to get something in the works.
    You had better start wrenchen if your going to get both trucks done by then. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i'll probably be able to make fulton....just need to get my truck reliable to drive down since the tow rig is going byebye...

15. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,
    I just got back from a place in IN and it puts the Badlands to shame. I haven't heard anyone from here talking about it. It is called Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN. I had my first ATV Jamboree there this past weekend and most of the trails are big enough for a Blazer. Even saw a Hummer going through the trails. It cost $15 a day and that includes camping. If a group goes, you can get a discount.

16. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I've heard of it, my brothers go there with there jeeps. I haven't been there pesronally, yet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's suppose to be pretty good.

17. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I'm all up for Haspin since it's nearby...oh, I'll bring my Blazer this time /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

acutally...they r pretty harsh there on the rules. but there are also a lot of accidents there and ppl dont really watch out for other enuff. just my $.02

NITRO

19. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

20. Mudzer

A late August run might be the cat's meow. I will be with child by then, but a quick weekend run to Fulton would be killer. Our club - Capital City Crawlers - have been building trails there for a month or so now. We have great knowledge of the park and can get you guys into some good wheeling. Ask Todd, he liked it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

We could host the Summer K5 Thing there and as Dan stated, we would not have prizes for this event. We do not want to expend our resources by having too many prize donations per year. It works out nicely to have a big run every year, supplimented by 2 smaller gatherings. I still have literature and decals from this past run - we can pass these out. I also have decals that I paid for last year so we should be good to go. Lets pick a date, and the later in August the better.