Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So who has been to a Nascar race??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Beast388, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

So who has been to a race? What can you tell me about the experience? What kind of ticket package did you buy and what did it include? Is it worth it to buy pit passes?

I am thinking about purchasing tickets to this years upcoming Busch/Nextel race at Chicagoland Speedway on July 15th......and I want to have as much info as possible going into it.

So post up brothers......tell me your experiences!:bow: :D

2. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

My dad used to be a stock car driver (until the crash) until I was about 4. We used to go to the races all the time, back when the race was the attraction. It was fun but It's been along time for me.

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've been to a ton of races, but i do not watch the race...lol. I useually work a stand or get wasted with friends.

4. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i am not a big nascar fan and i big thing is to bring
    hearing protection!
    get a little nascar raido so you folow the race with the laped cars and pits it can be hard to know who is in the lead
    bring some food and drings in plastic

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have been to every Phoenix race since 2000 , sitting out 2006 for some reason . We have always preffered the side closest to the exit , and prefer to sit up front . Don't always see everything there , but its louder , windier , and feels more grassroots when you sit up front :thumb:

Did pit passes before , we never saw anyone "popular" , just the silent heroes who do the behind the scenes stuff like glue the lug nuts on and such .

6. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Plan on taking about 2 hours to get out, so figure on tailgating for that long. I've been to Michigan a few years ago, and try to get there about 3-4 hours ahead of time to be sure your not stuck in line waiting to get in. If your going to Chicago its on old RTE.66, and now its RTE53. You can come in from Elwood which is south of the track, would probably be a little better than coming off I-80, and they probably won't let you have drinks in the stands, they don't at the dragstrip across the street, but I'm not sure if the owners are the same. If your into drags, I'm going to the race in June, would be cool to see a brother there.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Race-California in 2000.

Ticket Package-They were free. The company that runs the wrecker services for the race sends tickets out to local tow companies. Had a friend that was part owner of a company that builds wreckers and she gave my father in law and me her tickets one year. We sat on the inside of Turn 4 with the wrecker crews' families and got free food. Only bad part was all we could see was Turn 3 and 4 and part of the front stretch. As for getting into the special attractions before the race, we didn't have those type of tickets and my father in law didn't want to make an ass of himself yelling at Curt LeDuc (they are familiar with each other from the desert).

We did get to roam the pits though. Biggest thrill, being two feet from the #3 car as it made it's way to the garage during practice on Saturday. It was kind of neat to roam through the morning of the race and watch what prep work the crews were doing (gluing the lug nuts:haha: ) and such.

For the free tickets, it was definitely worth it. Just like every other major sporting event though, mortgage the house if you want to buy anything. It also took us in the neighborhood of 3 hours to leave the track after the race and we were parked only maybe 100 yards from the highway.

Worst experience, Jeff Gordon won the race.

8. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

HEY :haha: !!!!

That sounds like a dream adventure:bow: !

Like going to Disneyland:

Pay $4.00 for small frys, $6.00 for small Coke, $8.00 for reg. hotdog, $35.00 for T-shirt, $150.00 of candy.
    You know you're getting rape but you do it anyway because you won't do again for along time, or ever.

And go #24 - 'The Kid'!!

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I can't imagine. :haha:

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i have been to 2
    vegas and infinion

11. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Went to Bristol for the Sharpie 250 and the Food City 500 two years ago.
    Had 2 tickets to the box suite thru my company,,couldn't turn it down.:bow:

Bristol is the hardest seat in NASCAR to get...tickets are sold out YEARS in advance.

The suite was awsome,drivers and spotters would walk in,,chat,,check out the track conditions Etc.,,free food and liquor/beer and air conditioning,
    probably the only way I would ever go to a roundy round race.....I would much rather be in the stands at the drags.....

12. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I was at the Route 66 Raceway(dragstrip) right after it opened to watch a "Pontiac Days" event. I don't even think the roundy-round track was there yet.;)

13. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

About to go to our third martinsville race..

about the only tips I can give is to get there early, expect to leave late, and don't forget to pack enough beer and brats to see you through.