Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Who's been thru this b4?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ck1500, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Ck1500

Ck1500 1/2 ton status

So Who\'s been thru this b4?

i was underneath my 1987 K-5 while attempting to install my 3" body lift, and while removing all bolts "even after Soaking them with PB Blaster" everyone i tried to unloosen made me feel like HERCULES!!! cuz everything was breaking apart, and the bad part was it wasn't the bolts, it was actually ripping the body cross members outta the truck /forums/images/icons/frown.gif so now i am in a hard situation, i would love to keep this truck and continue with the "project hillbilly /forums/images/icons/smile.gif" so i would like to know has anynone here done a TUB change on there blazer??? if so is there an somewhat easy way to do this??? prolly not but i am curious, also if anyone knows were i can find a tub in clean state, that would be greatly appreciated!!! for when i do find one, i am going to use that POR-15 stuff on it and make sure Michigan weather don't eat my new one up /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Re: So Who\'s been thru this b4?

There are lots of ways that the swap can be done. Ones is an "A" frame with a hoise, a bunch of friends (this is how we moved the sub. that Bluesman bought), 55 gal drums and 4"x4" board(I think this is how Bluesman did his). I cheated on mine a bit, a friend had a boom on his service truck so we used that with a couple of slings and guide ropes. If you want to do it you will find a way... just remember that you have to get it over the tires and be carefull when your pulling it off and make sure you have everything disconnected....

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

When i swapped my tub, I used a big forklift from work! Made it real easy!! I helped a friend do his, but we used 2 engine hoist's and the 55 gal drums with 4x4 beams. took a little longer but still worked.

4. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I used a 3 ton com-a-long witha chain around the roof thru the doors and a chian hooked back by the tailgate and a big tree then pulled the frame out from under it. Make sure everything is disconnected I ripped my taillight wires cause I missed one of the keepers. I did it by myself cause nobody would help thought I was stupid for even trying it but I showed them a thing or two, Cause I think my truck turned out great for what I call backyardbuilt.