Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So who's on the east coast, along I-95? - Update, leaving in 2 hours...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Apr 14, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Planning our Disney trip...

So far, it looks like the saturday a week before mem day weekend, we'll be around Washington DC.
    That evening we should be back on the road headed to the chesapeake bay bridge and running as long as possible to Florida. I wanted to stop in South Carolina, but it probably won't happen, I think my brother's graduating before we go so he won't even be there anymore.
    The schedule's pretty up in the air right now, her dad said he won't be home until monday, so our original tight drive-down plan is messed up, we're now a little in limbo, and I'd rather do the driving at night, stopping for tourist-y stuff in the day.

We're hoping to crash at my father in laws house in Florida Monday morning, and start the Disney nuttiness then. I'd be happy to grab dinner with any Florida CK5ers one night during the week, although everyone seems to say we'll be in the parks until real late.

So who's along the route and wants to come out for a 5 minute handshake? I'll bring NY tourist junk to trade! :thumb:

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'm too far east to meet up with you but I since we just went to Disney 3 weeks ago I thought I'd post up and say...

Take all your money! Not a lot... not a bunch... ALL OF IT!! The place is tons of fun but man is it expensive. :(

Now that I've given you something to look forward to, have fun! :thumb:

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I think friends of mine are close to I95, in Morrisville, PA. I'll be over there visiting on the weekend of the 21/22...

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I'm a little far north for ya I am sure. 15 min for me to go to 95 though here in maine :D

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Im in richmond va on 95

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

If you were doin this a little earlier, I might have been able to meet you in Lumberton at I-95 and 74, but classes are over for the summer before then, so I doubt I'll be anywhere near there.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

dang, if I were home I'd meet you along 95 but yeah. I'll make the weekend trip after a I get the Saturn or something new. I'd like to spend more than a 5 minute hand shake meeting you anyway :D

8. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Give me a PM ratch and I may be able to meet you off I95 in Florence SC. :xmas:

9. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i am; philly
    95 and woodhaven/rt1
    10 min from exit

you'd get to take pictures of my k15, pops yj, and spanky's k30 2wd swap

lemme know 15 min before you get here, ill clean the ****ter. :D

10. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I'm 10 minutes from the Route 1 exit in Langhorne, PA. You can't miss it - there's a big water tank painted up with "Sesame Street" characters for Sesame Place (which is 2 minutes from that same exit.)

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Cool, so I can realistically possibly meet up with:

jarheadk5
    TorkDSR
    clarkjw24
    daleearnhardt01
    Emmettology 101

I'll PM you guys a week before as our plans are more solid, give you my cell # and get some cell numbers to give you warning. I think we'll have internet in the van, so we'll keep up on that, too. Maybe make it like batmans journey and post pictures after every stop, but faster :rotfl:...

Torkdsr, if it only takes 15 minutes to clean, I'm not too scared of it :)...
    Big_Truxx, yeah, a little too north... :(
    sled_dog, Get the Satan! :rotfl: I'm sure we'll hook up around LI or NYC at some point. You're not even so far I couldn't meet ya halfway on a weekend trip to the poconos.
    thezentree, lemme know if you're still around there about then.
    nvrenuf, don't tell me that... :dunno: I think we did that when we went down there in '98, lucky we hadn't cashed all our wedding checks yet, or they'd have been liquidated...

Man, too bad I didn't plan this out earlier, I think it would be awesome to plan out a CK5 East Coast meet and greet somewhere along the way where a whole bunch of us could drive down and hang out for a day, swap parts, buy those beers we probably owe each other. I'd say get some wheelin in, but I dunno if my wife'll be into it in the minivan...

Heck, I think I'm a gonna plan one for the fall or midsummer. I'll run it past my wife and make sure she doesn't have anything planned for the fall... I'll start a new thread for it. Maybe by then, I'll have a truck again...

12. Emmettology 101

Sweet! I think I am heading out that way Thursday AM cruising along 80 east, then 476 southeast and 276 east to Route 1... Will probably leave so I arrive in Morrisville around 6pm... May head down towards York and then across the pike to swing past another friends place in York...

Friday we'll be in NYC!! :) Closer to your actual home, huh?? Saturday I am not sure whats up.. MAybe head to the beach for some fishing(is it in yet?) or :dunno:..... And then I'll probably head home sometime Sunday.... Heading back across 80.. :)

13. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

What about me, didn't you get my e-mail?

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

DIdn't I reply? If I didn't sorry, I mean to say I'll get in touch with you as we get closer. At least now we're going on a saturday so I wouldn't feel bad about using up your lunch hour. :thumb:

Hey (emmet..), let me know when you're in NYC, I work in midtown and will probably be here when you are on friday.

15. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

look forward to it. and hell, i wont clean it

16. Emmettology 101

Sweet!! I'll be with a small group, but I'll try and meet up... We're supposed to go watch the Lion King at some time on Broadway(i think)... But other than that, we will be exploring.... We'll be taking the train in and out from Jersey I believe....

One place I definately want to hit is Grey's Papaya(they sell hotdogs). I think they have a couple storefronts. I saw it on the movie "Fools Rush In".. :D

17. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

stop but the rest stop around the georgia area and get some copon books they will come in handy and WWW.mousesaver.com :D and try to save some $$$ look out for the people selling tic outside disney -- no good most are outof date or fake :blush:

18. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Be sure to hit the brakes in North Carolina and check me out. It's a 15 minute ride for me and I wouldn't mind making the drive to check out a fellow member. Let me know bud!

19. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I am right across the GWB in NJ off of Route 46.

20. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Schedule modification again... Her dad will be home and would like us to get there during the weekend now... I'm really hoping he can take me shooting sunday if we get there at a decent hour...

We're leaving NY late friday night, heading strait to DC for a hotel room, then tourism in the saturday am (we promised the kids we'd see the presidents house).
    We're leaving DC around noon if we get a couple sites in, Stickseler I definately want to add least wave at you since I'll be that close :rotfl:.

It looks like we're going to try to go pedal to the medal straight from DC to Fla, maybe crashing somewhere if we get too tired.

I'll post again wednesday to actually start trying to get some cell numbers if I think we'll be at leisure to swing off-route for a bit when we're underway. It would be great to meet you guys, especially since the opportunity like this is pretty rare.