Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So who's ready for Attica?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by K5DRAGER, May 31, 2003.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

So who\'s ready for Attica?

Just wondering who's ready, who has to finish mods, or just repair some broken stuff? I went to Attica last weekend and didn't break anything, but did learn I need at least 1/3 tank or it will stall on steep hills. And that I need my full hydro steering asap as I have to back up alot to make turns. I'm having trouble turning and can't get the gremlins out. Well hope to see you all soon, I will be there Saturday for sure and maybe Sunday, I have to see whats going on here at home and about camping situations if I stay.

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Re: So who\'s ready for Attica?

I've got ORD HD shackles and HD rear shackles and the greaseable bushings to go all the way around. Sway bar disconnects are on the way and I need to do an oil change and hit all the grease zerks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (need to chop my overload bar down for a zerorate.... maybe later)

What are the plans for the campgrounds? I think a friend of mine thats coming (eric, 2000 dodge ext cab) is bringing a small camper. If Ryan gets his Blazer fixed (rear end R&P) he's wanting to come up. I'm bringing the silver blazer /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Speaking for Bryan and I both... his truck is all set! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Can't wait to get that beast out on some real terrian! I'm all set, and can't wait to hang out at the campgrounds previously mentioned by Todd.

Speaking of Todd... You still coming ol man? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Dan

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm thinking I'll probably be leaving early saturday morning and staying till sunday. Like Dan said, we're all set. I've got a few things that I'd really like to take care of before then, but I dont think they'll hinder me on the trail so I may just let them slide for now. It'll be good to get out on a trail again.

Jeremy, are we bringing this tranny up for you or what? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

hey. i will b there on saturday morning. hopefully we can meet up with the guys from www.illinois4x4.com they are having a run this weekend also. hopefully i can get the money to get my hitch and gas

NITRO

6. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Bryan, go ahead and bring the 350/203 and that driveshaft you mentioned. I plan on getting there late friday or early saturday, depending on when I get off work friday.

The only thing keeping me from being ready for the trails is my front driveshaft. Monday I'm going to see if I can get it fixed. If I can't get it fixed for a decent price, it looks like I'll have to try putting in the newer style front yoke off of the transfer case Bryan's bringing, and then use the shaft he is bringing.

I'll have a full update in a day or two.

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Are we camping Friday night? If so, I can be up there then, otherwise I'll be there Saturday morning. Who knows if I'll be bringing the Blazer or not. I still don't have a working transmission. If I can get something worked out this week I'll bring it, otherwise I may have to ride with NITRO or Laughner this time /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Either way, I'll be there.

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'll be there early saturday morning, so we can do the swap in the parking lot if youre so inclined.

9. KRAZIE87K5

Define EARLY Saturday morning... just remember its a 3-4 hour drive there poncho! Maybe we should just leave after dinner on Friday night, get there, setup camp Friday night, sleep well that night, get up 7:30-8ish and start hittin the Badlands! Whadda you have to say to that? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i cant be out all weekend...got stuff to do. how bout leave at 5am?

11. KRAZIE87K5

You and I are hi-jacking this thread buudee... gimme a call.

-Dan

12. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are we camping Friday night? If so, I can be up there then, otherwise I'll be there Saturday morning. Who knows if I'll be bringing the Blazer or not. I still don't have a working transmission. If I can get something worked out this week I'll bring it, otherwise I may have to ride with NITRO or Laughner this time /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Either way, I'll be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and Eric are planning on going up friday night, eric is thinking about bringing his camper up for the weekend

Do we need to reseve some areas for the saturday night people? Who's bringing tents or are people sleeping in the trucks? I was going to sleep in the blazer till eric said he wanted to bring the camper! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As far as wheeling, your welcome to ride along, I'm not doing anything wild in the silver truck this time. I would like to checkout the orange trail as a spectator, shoot some videos and get some pics.
    Now I just have to figure out whats up with my website, the web host and the domain carriers are fighting about something, 3 weeks and no web site, I'm going crazy here! Luckly I work on 3 or 4 other webpages so I have been stashing pics there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

OH! and the bushings I got off ebay might not fit. They are 1-1/2" and I guess my 87 is supposted to be 1-3/8"? I need to pull one off and see since we also done a spring swap to HD's in like 90 or 91.

13. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

hey jon....i found ya a tranny. $100. gimme a call as soon as u check back here. 765-659-3183

NITRO

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

one tent and barbeque smoker here...as well as a tow rig, trailer, and truck. What kind of parking do they have there? I refuse to park my tow rig out of sight at a popular park...maybe the trailer, but not the truck.

15. KRAZIE87K5

Re: So who\'s ready for Attica? *DELETED*

Post deleted by KRAZIE87K5

16. KRAZIE87K5

HEY! Watch what you are saying about my trailer there pal... I see how it is... you care about your truck... but not the trailer eh? I see now... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

17. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yes, and I see TWICE....

18. KRAZIE87K5

You are such a schmuck. :flipoff:

-Dan

19. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Dont flip me off you bastid... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Might hafta open a 22oz bottle of super leaded whoop arse on you sukka /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. KRAZIE87K5

I wish I had a picture of that "grass stain" I arranged to have placed on your forehead right now... :flipoff: /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

-Dan