Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So, whos the idiot in this one *Warning Extreme Video

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigburban383, Jul 3, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Watch the video here first (click save target as to download) -> VIDEO

Then Vote

2. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I'd say the Person who was crossing, because if the PT cruiser didn't hit the suv, it would have totally hit the person full blown.

Its kinda everybodys fault, the person in the SUV shouldnt have seen the person and slowed down, but the person shouldnt have been crossing, and you are just not supposed to run Reds.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Wow, and that determination was made due to the clarity of the stop lights in the video....................

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Since I could not see the color of the lights, my guess would be the PT cruiser was at fault because you can see the vehicles going in the opposite direction coming to a stop because their light turned red, thus I am assuming the light turned red for the PT cruiser as well. The pedestrian was late crossing the light, but had almost made it to the other side when the lights had gone red. That pedestrian was squashed like a bug.

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Since I could not see the color of the lights, my guess would be the PT cruiser was at fault because you can see the vehicles going in the opposite direction coming to a stop because their light turned red, thus I am assuming the light turned red for the PT cruiser as well. The pedestrian was late crossing the light, but had almost made it to the other side when the lights had gone red. That pedestrian was squashed like a bug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to add to this... I think the PT ran the red light due the other vehicles seen in the video. In doing so, running the light, it caused the person in the vehicle that flipped to swerve to avoid hitting the PT. This is what, I believe, caused the accident. IF the PT had not ran the intersection I would say the other car would have been able to switch lanes and avoid the walker.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I would be willing to say they both ran red lights. The light does not instantly turn green as soon as the other turns red, there is a 4-5 second delay. PT ran red, SUV was speeding and went through the intersection too early, and pedestrian is an idiot for not looking before crossing the street.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Watch very closely, you have to really look to see it, but the PT cruiser slows down as they get to the light. You can tell as it noses down slightly . Somebody wasn't paying attention in the car and never noticed the light . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Most communities that I have lived in no matter what the color of the light pedestrians have right of way.
    I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but the evidence points to the PT cruiser being at fault for running the light.

Some folks shouldn't be allowed to breathe, let alone breed or drive. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Most communities that I have lived in no matter what the color of the light pedestrians have right of way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct but if you're walking across the street on a red light, you're not a pedestrian IMO, you're a jay walker, which means you're doing something illegal, and have no more right to use the roadway illegally than anyone else despite your mode of transportation.

10. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

And that my friend would get you a hefty ticket in those communities.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Why can't people just read the [darn] laws?????????????????? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

If the pedestrian entered the crosswalk and had the light, then he was in the right.

Since all of y'all eagle eyed frizzy haired freaks apparently can see a red light somewhere in that video, I'm sure there's a law school that's willing to take your money.

Now since there is no visible red light, the first person to reach the line technically would have the right away, but that can't be decided since the vehicle from the right, the limit line is not visible.

So in the end, it just really amazes me, and I mean it really does amaze me since I've been involved in some goofy ass arguments on this website that there's actually people arguing this, but then again we all know there's an admitted wannabe ambulance chaser involved.

So the lesson here folks is that assumption is the mother of all [darn] ups and there's definately some thirst for the STFU Kool-Aid in this crowd.......

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    And that my friend would get you a hefty ticket in those communities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Man, you'd be a lot cooler without the backwoods product change quotes

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

If I wanted to be cool, I'd get drunk, stick a cattle prod up my ass and sell the video................

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

16. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

soooo glad i live nowhere near oaklahoma /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    soooo glad i live nowhere near oaklahoma /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be to if I was you, we hate non-spellers here.............

18. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

man that must suck with all the dumbass oakies out there, y'all must not get along to well

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    man that must suck with all the dumbass oakies out there, y'all must not get along to well

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually we do when we need to join forces to beat spelling ability into dumbasses........... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I farted /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I'd leave the room if I was you... I fealt some burning /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif