Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So whose ready for a HURRICANE???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Sep 16, 2003.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I know some of the North carolina residents are loving life right now. With my job here in Delaware as a weather forecaster do you know how many times a day people ask me about this thing? (I won't be answering any questions /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif) I think the planes are set to evacuate late today..too bad I can't go with them to Macdill Air force base, FL /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

About as ready as can be. A lot of people are leaving but I live in a high spot for the area and will fair well, I hope. It's nice and sunny now. Probably cut the grass today.

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I survived Hurricane Camille. Sat there in Biloxi Mississippi on the third floor of the barricks during the whole thing. We went outside when the eye came through. Then back inside for the backlash. Don't ever want to do that again. I'll take the California earthquakes over hurricanes any day. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

BRING IT AWN!!! I love me a good hurricane. The stronger the better! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The sad part is I'm being serious. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hurricane Iniki, Sept '92, Hawaii......

The part that hit Oahu wasn't any worse than a good ole OK thunderstorm, but Kaui got torn a new a**hole though........

6. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

read Stickselers post /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

i'm sure it'll just be downed trees and powerlines where i'm at...but i am prepared...
    getting a keg this morning, a few coolers full of ice, and a huge bucket of hot wings....i figure a couple friends and i will do just fine....we've got candles so we can play pool in the basement even if the power goes out!
    and everyone was buying water and dried food, amateurs...

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm ready for it I guess. My wife's a weather nut, so she's all excited. I just put new windows in my daughters room, guess I'll get to see if they leak...

Otherwise it doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. We had a hurrcane that took out power and a tree or two several years ago, but it wasn't really that big a deal.