Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So you are thinking about becoming orange ATTN: ThatK30Guy and Chaz

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Now the old timers know that I'm not the first to be pimping the membership program around here, but I pay so I don't feel guilty about being a Non4x4 post whore.

Here's one of the benefits of being a member, and this isn't the first time it's happened......

I ran into a surprise today while working on the K5. Well having no $$$$$ but lots of spare parts laying around, I needed to find out if these spare parts would work. The search feature wasn't bringing up the post I was looking for, cause it was a question that had been asked before. None of my NCBD homies are on the AIM, so I take a quick looksie to see who's hanging around.....

<font color="orange">ThatK30Guy</font> is one of the old timers around here and knows he chit. Sent him a quick PM, he replies back and I'm saved. Getting to know some of the folks 'round these parts saved me some $$$$ that I didn't have today.

Not only that, but the Fartinator himself, <font color="orange">Chaz88K5</font> sold me the spare parts for chump change last summer. This is the second time Chaz has helped me out of a tight spot.

I send out thanks to these two and without hanging out here all the time, I'd probably be outside stuck wondering WTF to do.

2. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

wow I don't mean to be a dick, but what has that got to do with being a member? I can pm people too and I'm not a "member". just curious.

-Scott

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    wow I don't mean to be a dick,

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ah come on now....You want to be a dick, You need to be a dick......J/K /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, let me go into a little discertation on this here topic.
    since I just got asked on another "well-known" site that I maybe I ought to drop a twenty for a red "thingy."

The way I feel about the whole website member thing is this; if ya gonna be a contributing member, answer questions, gab away in the Non4x4 forum, then one should pay to be a member. That person is basically using a service on a continous basis and nothing in life is free.

On the other hand, if a person just lurks around, asks a question from time to time and never really contributes to the overall advancement to a site, then paying might not be a good idea.

For me, I've met some new friends, joined a 4x4 club, and have received several bonuses from being on this site. I don't contribute a whole lot to Tech stuff around here, but have found a place to hang out in the Non4x4 forum. The website has benefited me in more ways than one and I should repay the gratitude.

On the other hand, another site that I frequent, yet do not post on as much; I lurk there mostly. I've gotten some good info, but the atmosphere that currently inhabits the site doesn't appeal to me all that much. There's a lot of stuff one must weed through. It's overall contribution to my well being and to that of my truck has been neglible. Until that site offers me more or contributes to my well-being; once the "Flame Bubba Ray Fest" is over, I'll go back to lurking and will be a freeloader. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Being a member gives you access to a lot of information avaliable only in the private member forum. Sometimes, I've seen people copy information out of there to give to non members, just to help them out.

I know I've gotten to know some of the members better, just by having the chatroom function.

As a added perk- I ended up needing a CV drive shaft- I called up highangle driveline, and with my ck5 discount, I ended up saving the cost of my membership, on my first purchase!

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    For me, I've met some new friends

[/ QUOTE ]

And me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    And me.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well, I don't rank Husker fans up there on my list of most admirable people; but it is nice to have someone to bs with over Big 12 football /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    As a added perk- I ended up needing a CV drive shaft- I called up highangle driveline, and with my ck5 discount, I ended up saving the cost of my membership, on my first purchase!

[/ QUOTE ] Cool beans for sure.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif