Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So you think building a K5 is a big project?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Aug 21, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Here's what an old friend of mine is building in the parking lot of his business... It's ten stories tall and it will be finished in October... The foundation is 60 feet deep and is made up of 6 concrete collumns that are 6 feet in diameter.

Can you guess what it is?

[​IMG]

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

a building of some sort? maybe a grain or rocket silo? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. landsmasher

Nope... Yes it is a building but not to hold anything but air....

4. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Indoor skydiving simulator.

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I've always wanted to try a skydiving simulator.... let us know when it's ready. Cool!!!

6. landsmasher

BINGO! Yep... It will be the worlds biggest one! I've never been in one so I can't wait to try it out... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. landsmasher

Skigirl I'll let ya know and we can go together...! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

man those palm trees are weird... I never thought those things actually existed till I went to Vegas and touched one with my own hands /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I can't believe those are... trees... that are real...

The whole week I missed seeing pine trees and trees with real leaves... and branches... especially on the mountains... Mountains are cool and all, but when they're just big rocks it's kinda boring... gotta have grass and trees and flowers and 4x4 trails and wild aminals...

Anyway, I want to try a skydiving thingy too sometime, but don't want to jump out of an actual plane because... well... because I just don't /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Larry, that'd be great! Looking forward to it! Just let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. landsmasher

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

simulating sky diving cool

I dunno but 10 stories is more than i would want to fall..

12. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    man those palm trees are weird... I never thought those things actually existed till I went to Vegas and touched one with my own hands

I can't believe those are... trees... that are real...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh... that's all we have around here. Go back up north, ya damn yankee. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. landsmasher

Normally you only fly about five to ten feet off the floor untill you get the hang of it and you have two spotters in there with you. Once you get the hang of it you won't fall. It's like lying on a bed of air... After you learn you only go up about 20 to 30 feet. The whole building is 98 feet tall and that's because it has a big fan at the top sucking the air up through the bottom. Need sucking space on the bottom and blowing space at the top... That didn't come out right but you know what I mean... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I would be curious for the numbers, I mean the abount of air being taken out, to create a negative pressure ( thats what im picturing if its even close to the phenomina going on ) to float a body must be huge, the power needed, man. How much would it cost to go for a ride?

15. landsmasher

I don't know how much it's going to cost yet but I have heard rumors of anywhere's between $20 per minute and $30 per minute. I'd just as soon do the skydive for that. I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try just for the hell of it but it's hard enough to pay for skydiving let alone that thing. Should be fun though.

16. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Seems sort of high but it is a vauluable tool to have someone right next to you correcting your body position. You said its a top draw fan? Most push air up through the bottom It will be interesting to see pics when its all done look like its going to be a very nice set up.

17. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't know how much it's going to cost yet but I have heard rumors of anywhere's between $20 per minute and $30 per minute. I'd just as soon do the skydive for that. I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try just for the hell of it but it's hard enough to pay for skydiving let alone that thing. Should be fun though.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

18. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have heard rumors of anywhere's between $20 per minute and $30 per minute

[/ QUOTE ]

$20-30 a minute to ensure I don't have a chute not opening or I don't land on top of one of those palm trees in a dive is worth it to me! Safe skydiving! Yes! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. landsmasher

We are now paying $21 per skydive. Freefall from 12,500 feet lasts about one minute. But we also get the nice ride up to altitude and about 3 minutes of canopy ride for that $21. Of course we also get the occasional pucker factor from having a chute malfunction and have to deploy the reserve in order to save ourselves and that is a REAL rush sometimes... Ususally you are ok during the emergency procedures and it's only after you land and you think about it for a minute that your knees buckle... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Where's the perverts at?

Would it be possible to do the deed with some sweet honey on a "bed" of air?