Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So you think you own your truck huh?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tRustyK5, Mar 9, 2003.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'll start with a quote from a site I recently found through another bulletin board...

"quote"
    Who Owns Your Car ??

Tennessee Department of Revenue Operations Supervisor Denise Rottero Told Judge Greer how Tennessee's (and EVERY OTHER STATE's - Ed: and Province's) auto registration process works.

The process begins with the "surrender" of the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) by the auto dealer to the Department of Revenue in exchange for a Certificate of Title.

Asked if a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin is proof of ownership, legal title to the automobile, Ms. Rottero said, "Yes".

"Are you telling me that ownership of an automobile must be surrendered to the State before it can be registered?" she was asked. "Surrender title?, 'yes'", Rottero said. The certificate of title to your automobile is Not title, it's merely evidence that title exists. Your car's legal TITLE is the MSO, which the dealer surrendered to the State.

Ms. Rottero said the MSO is put on microfilm for permanent keeping, the original is destroyed. After the trial, spectators expressed shock that their personal automobiles were actually owned by the state.

"No wonder state law officers stop people for no reason!" said a housewife. "If your car's got a Tennessee plate, it's theirs, and they can do anything they like to you!" That's the law, but it's voluntary. No one but Judge Greer had dared say that if you don't surrender your car to the state in exchange for plates, you go to jail.

The founding fathers of America clearly recognized that the underpinnings of a free society were based upon; Life, Liberty and Property; That all legitimate government functions revolved around protecting and defending the individual's right to these three core elements of freedom. Now, this information is telling us that you 'MUST' [in the States (America); and, I venture to guess, all other jurisdictions which have imposed admiralty law in their court systems] surrender your private property, or GO TO JAIL !!

Updated December 28th, 2000

"end Quote"

Here is the site itself. I'm sure there are many people here more versed in the area of law than I am...and I'd like to hear some comments.

http://www.detaxcanada.org/drivers.htm

Rene

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd like to hear some comments

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah I got one. Thats Fawked.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

no problem, build ur own tube-framed trail buggy, trailer it around so u dont have to register or license it with ANYONE and ROCK ON!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Im not a lawyer, but i think its safe to say u own ur rig... if I moved to Botswana and had my rig shipped with me there, i doubt washington state would send the cops after me for stealing "state poperty"...

j

4. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

The bank owns my rig anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

That law sux, I need to ask my Pol. Science teacher about that.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I thought it was interesting...still not 100% sure what to make of it though.

Rene

8. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

receipt if proof of payment and thus ownership. Anyone could get a copy of the title is so inclined. Posession is the law and without proof of ownership or theft whoever has possesion of the iteam ownend it. The bill of sale is proof of ownership.
    I am not that crafty but i imagine it is possible to hack the computers at the dmv or whatever and change name on the title. just a thought

9. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    no problem, build ur own tube-framed trail buggy, trailer it around so u dont have to register or license it with ANYONE and ROCK ON!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Here in cali you have to register with a "green sticker" for anything that is not street legal but will still be used on public lands i.e. national forests. So unless you are wheeling on your own land or strictly private property they still gotcha /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif