Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

so you wanna remove your doors fast???

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by leadfoot067, Jul 17, 2003.

1. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

soo i have half doors and full doors....its a pain to change them..i wanted to be able to change them in less than the half hour it was taking me per side /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif....so i had a couple extra hinges figured out how to do this...its so simple its stupid /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif..drive the pins out and install 5" long 5/16 bolts instead...the bottom bolt needs no nut gravity holds it down.but the top bolt hasta be put in from the bottom so i got a nylock nut for that one...takes me like 15 minutes or less total to change both doors now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif..takes 2 half inch wrenches thats it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.the 5/16 bolts arent quite as big as the pins so theres a little more slop in the door but its acceptable to me...you will need another whole set of hinges if you have 2 sets of doors to use the door side of the hinge on the 2nd set of doors...the factory door pin is like .34 dia....nothing i found metric or standard is that size...so there you have it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif