Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So, You Want To Be An Ice Cream Man......(W/Pic)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mosesburb, Aug 16, 2006.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

But you can't afford the mid-seventies van with the bubble top on it to lure your young victims, er, uh, entice your customers to your rolling snack shop?? Boy have we got the deal for you. For just 19.95 you too can get our patented Ice Cream Truck Conversion Plans sent directly to you. These plans will guide you through the entire conversion and have you up and perving, er, uh, selling in no time at all.
    The requirements are minimal. All that you need to do is to jack your wife's Windstar while she is feeding your seventeen children. Then saw the top of the roof off of it as quitely as possible to make way for your new bubble top. Now that you have the opening made, take your old rowboat that has been sitting on the side of your house collecting dust and stray cats since Nixon was in office, invert it and attach it to the top of the Windstar. The profile of your inverted rowboat doesn't match the profile of your Windstar?? Noooo problem!!! Just go down to the Wal Mart and buy eight cases of expandable aerosol foam and apply liberally to any gaps between the profiles. Now you are ready to stuff a gargantuan deep freezer into the back and head out to bait, er, uh service, errr, sell ice cream treats to young children.
    You will notice that our instructions do not contain information about the disturbing music and loudspeaker that is required. For that you will need to contact a gentleman on the CK5 boards by the name of tRustyk5. He will be more than happy to help you select the loudest, most annoying, setup available on the planet.
    If you need a visual aid to help complete your project, this should suffice:

[​IMG]

Yes folks, this is an inverted rowboat on top of a Windstar. I pulled up behind it at a stoplight today and did a double take, before actually saying out loud, "Holy ****, that's a ****ing rowboat!!" The quality isn't so great (phone pic), but you can see the square chunk of plywood for mounting the outboard motor to it for when you get tired of rowing.

Suweeeeeeeet!!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  2. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

what are you driving? looks kinda tall!

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Looks like a Mack CH.

4. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yup. Mack CH600. Ironically, I was out-accelerating the ice cream boat while I was entering the freeway southbound (he was staying on the frontage road) and I was going to get a side view of the thing when traffic went from light-speed to nearly zero immediately. I scanned the scene and found the reason. There was a semi going northbound pumping out ten gazillion cfm of smoke out of its stack, followed immediately by a three foot column of blue, then red flames. Pretty cool, but I lost the opporitunity for a side shot of the boat.

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

wow... crazy.