Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sob, just killed another stupid motor!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Apr 19, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

well thats sawzwaw # 4 , motor gave up, she worked her little tail off while she lasted though, good times, good times, she will be missed /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I will quit buying decent ones now, wait a sec..you guys thought I killed another big block /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Time..give it time /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

should by a stupid plasma, add up the sawzaws and blades and I could have got one /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sawzalls, cordless drills, hand saws, you just don't buy the good ones, after you burn a few up or drop them off the roof of a 3 story home you learn this fact.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You guys do realize Home Depot has a lifetime waranty on tools as long as you have the receipt? I have gone through 3 of the Milwauki Sawzalls, the expensive ones, not there cheap ones, and have only paid for the first one so far, this is over the course of about 6 years using it almost every day.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

damn did not know that. My dad probably does though, ha, he is the one hwo buys the tools being as they are technically for his construction company, though they get used more for my projects /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif well the sawzall anyway.

5. willyswanter

Yeah, I do it with everything there, from drills to drill bits. Yes, you can buy a $1.39 1/8" drill bit, use it for a year and a half, break it, and they will give you a new one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif . I don't think I have ever bought a tool twice at Home Depot, I usually take tape measures back at least once a weak. They seem to just keep getting made weaker and weaker... Wonder if they will let me take back the framing pencils after they get to short to sharpen??? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. supersize75k5

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I have 2 dead grinders, and 2 dead swawzaws, I get the sawzaws at wallyland though, they would take back a dirty diper if ya tried /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Damn, I'm gonna hafta start buying tools at The Depot...[darn] Sears! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I have 2 dead grinders, and 2 dead swawzaws,

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think after owning so many you'd know how to spell them. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Sawzall, as in "saws all". /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

9. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

I have 2 dead grinders, and 2 dead swawzaws,

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think after owning so many you'd know how to spell them. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Sawzall, as in "saws all". /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

sorry I was "busy" untill pretty late last night, then went to work at 3 am, I need sleep

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Hey, it's ok. All of us pull a Z3PR every now and then. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    they would take back a dirty diper if ya tried /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Customer: "these diapers already got sh!t in 'em!"
    Wally World Employee: "we're real sorry about that. go on and run back there and get ya another package."

Rodney Carrington is the man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I do it with everything there, from drills to drill bits. Yes, you can buy a $1.39 1/8" drill bit, use it for a year and a half, break it, and they will give you a new one . I don't think I have ever bought a tool twice at Home Depot, I usually take tape measures back at least once a weak. They seem to just keep getting made weaker and weaker... Wonder if they will let me take back the framing pencils after they get to short to sharpen???

[/ QUOTE ]

When you return stuff do you get a lot of grief about it? I mean, do you gotta fill out 37 pages of forms and sign an affadavit stating you aren't breaking em on purpose and deal with the regional customer service supreme court geek or do you just walk in, plop it on the return desk and go get a new one?

How big a customer are you? Do you buy all your materials there and they are keeping you happy with some new tape measures? Or do you just show up to exchange used and abused tools once a month?

This warranty really intrigues me! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif If it's true, I'm never going back to Lowe's. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

13. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i bought a ratchet there and the selector fell off /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif took it back, the lady wanted a reciept and her manager just told me to go get a new one. i took it back to him, he took it out of the pakage and handed it to me /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

14. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I smoked my Milwakee Super Sawzall! Gotta love Lifetime warranty!!!

Chris

15. willyswanter

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I do it with everything there, from drills to drill bits. Yes, you can buy a $1.39 1/8" drill bit, use it for a year and a half, break it, and they will give you a new one . I don't think I have ever bought a tool twice at Home Depot, I usually take tape measures back at least once a weak. They seem to just keep getting made weaker and weaker... Wonder if they will let me take back the framing pencils after they get to short to sharpen???

[/ QUOTE ]

When you return stuff do you get a lot of grief about it? I mean, do you gotta fill out 37 pages of forms and sign an affadavit stating you aren't breaking em on purpose and deal with the regional customer service supreme court geek or do you just walk in, plop it on the return desk and go get a new one?

How big a customer are you? Do you buy all your materials there and they are keeping you happy with some new tape measures? Or do you just show up to exchange used and abused tools once a month?

This warranty really intrigues me! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif If it's true, I'm never going back to Lowe's. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I do a ton of business there but the ladies at returns don't know that, heck it's a different trainee every day it seems like. I used to be able to do anything without receipts but they got tired of that after about 5 years and now I have to have a receipt for everything. Mainly because I bring back all my left over materials from each job, sometimes thousands of dollars worth and I guess they started thinking I was stealing it from job sites or something... Anyway yeah I just plop down the tool and receipt and they tell me to go pick out a new one.

16. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I do a ton of business there but the ladies at returns don't know that, heck it's a different trainee every day it seems like. I used to be able to do anything without receipts but they got tired of that after about 5 years and now I have to have a receipt for everything. Mainly because I bring back all my left over materials from each job, sometimes thousands of dollars worth and I guess they started thinking I was stealing it from job sites or something... Anyway yeah I just plop down the tool and receipt and they tell me to go pick out a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

pick out one ? any one ? one thats not identicla to the one you are bringing in to exchange ? or ?

thanks

17. willyswanter

Yeah basically, when my last super sawzall died they didn't have that model anymore, but they had the newest model with the rotory motion head thingy that was like $30 more than my model so I grabbed that one and traded straight accross /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

18. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

That does it, lowes and sears are off my need new tools list.

19. GMC

GMC 1/2 ton status

Speaking of Sawzall, what blades do guys use for cutting metal? I bought some from Home Depot that I swear it said good for cutting metal, but I only cut a little off one front fender and both blades are smoked.

20. willyswanter

The milwauki brand never last... I only buy Lenox now and they work very well.