Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SoCal February Plans

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by chvyhs, Dec 20, 2001.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.mdasandiego.com/mda_off_road.html>www.mdasandiego.com/mda_off_road.html</a>
    Here is something that I'm planning on doing. A friend of mine did it a couple of years ago and had a good time. He took me on some of the trails a month later. He said there was a lot of heeps out there durring the event. I'm taking the family in the Suburban and some friends from work are going in there trucks.

<font color=red>Sure your Durango can go any place I can go, (if I hook a strap to it).</font color=red>

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Richard, Keith mentioned this on the main board and there are a few guys that are going. I am hopefully one of those that are going. You gonna wheel the Burb? Is Mike gonna go too? Sounds like we should have a good turn out of Blazer's to over power the heeps.[​IMG]

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

If I can get the Burb up on those 36's I'll take it on the trail. Leland is suposed to have those 6" springs ready for me by then too. If not I'll atleast be out there. Mike is planning on taking the Donco out there. I'll probably take the trailer out there for K5 security.You never know. If you see my pics (early pics) the desert ones are Ocitillo Wells, where they're doing the event.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>

4. baby blue

baby blue Registered Member

i will be there,just got my beast going with a new motor, it runs sweet,lets set a time and a place?thanks

babey blue

5. Headbanger

Headbanger 1/2 ton status

I attended that run the first two years and they have alot of great trails and a great raffle. I won't be able to attend this year(bummer), my wife won a trip to Paris, France in March. Kinda put all my wheelin' plans on hold to save spending money.

6. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

I'M THERE WITH A WINNABEGO AND THE DONCO!!!!

NO LOCKER, STOCK GEARS, NO PWR BRAKES, NO POWER STEERING, NO PROBLEM!

HIT IT FULL CHICKEN!!!!

7. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Hey Mike, glad to see you finally made it onto the board!!!

And the screenname is soooooo appropriate[​IMG]

Leland aka RaisedK5

"The Voices told me to do it!"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com/gallery/albun91>This is what they told me to do</a>

8. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

MDA San Diego has changed there websight. Here's the new link.

WebShot Pics

9. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I hope to see all of you guys down there! The So Cal BIG DAWGS will be there in force if all goes as planned! Remember, there is a Friday night Sunset Poker Run, so try to get there Friday afternoon! We also need to try and coordinate as far as where we ill camp! We will make some kind of signage. I will check with a buddy of mine, he knows the area pretty well - I don't, have never been there...

10. Headbanger

Headbanger 1/2 ton status

If I remember right, most of the main camping area is off Main St. (actually it's a dirt road, even the washes have street signs!). Hope everyone has fun! Tip a couple for me at the campfire!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Don't worry Tom, I will "tip" more than a few in your name!! ha,ha [​IMG] Yeah, my buddy Steve was telling me how all the trails are marked with signs, said it helps from getting lost too easy...

As we get closer to the date we will decide on where to meet - hopefully (but I doubt it) the cell phonesw will work out there - my brother Preston and I plan on getting out there early Friday morning, so we should be able to stake out a decent spot...

12. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Are you going to try to put a sign right off the 78? The last time I was out there I remember that it went right through the middle of the area. I can maybe get some chemlites ( the ones you bend and shake so they will illuminate). That way members can see where to turn at night.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>

13. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

We'll try to put signs wherever they are most helpful I guess - I don't know the area at all, so I am depending on you guys to know your way around! [​IMG] I've got to see if they had a map on their site of where to go...

14. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Well that will be my first day of unemployment so i can go out early too, do we want to caravan out like we did truckhaven, who else is going out Fri morn?? How do we get there?? Green River again, or what??

Leland aka RaisedK5

"The Voices told me to do it!"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com/gallery/albun91>This is what they told me to do</a>

15. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

as of right now we are also planning on leaving friday. Caravan would be doog as long as you guys arent like esteban, 7 is about as early as i can make it anywhere

16. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yeah, we could do a caravan I guess...I am NOT getting up at the buttcrack of dawn though!! [​IMG] Leland, I think this time we go down the 5 South to the 78 and from there I don't know...but I guess we could do that.

17. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

The 5 south to the 78 east is the way to go. That's how I got there. It's right off the 78, literally. If I remember right it's on the left (north) side of the 78. There's not much esle out there. I'm not sure what time I'm going to get there.

18. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

My buddy Steve told me yesterday to take the 76 instead of the 78, take the 76 all the way past where it crosses the 15 (towards Pala) and then you hop on the 79 and S2 or something...he said he would get me written directions thsi weekend, said it is much shorter than taking 78 all the way there (at least for us guys from Orange County...said it takes 2.5 hours for him from San Juan Cap...said the worst part is the last part, very windy roads, very slow...He also recommended bringing extra cash ($$), I guess the gas station out there charges you more if you use Credit Cards!!

Oh well, should be fun. Let's get an idea of when we want to meet up for a caravan Friday morning. Sounds like it will take about 3 hours or so...and he said that there are some campgrounds there with toilets, shade, etc, but you would have to get there early to score them. I was thinking of leaving here at about 7 or 8 AM, does that sound ok?

19. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

RICHARD COME SEE ME LATER I THINK I HAVE SOME KEM LIGHTS I CAN GIVE YOU!!!

NO LOCKER, STOCK GEARS, NO PWR BRAKES, NO POWER STEERING, NO PROBLEM!

HIT IT FULL CHICKEN!!!!

20. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Are you yelling at me Mike? Take it off caps lock, and pick your lazy butt up off your chair so you can walk the 200 feet and give me the lights.