Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Socal guys help me explore new wheelin spots

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by sandawgk5, Jan 1, 2006.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

The title says it all. I live in El Cajon and I am looking for some wheelin spots that are not too far away like maybe 1.5-2 hrs at the most. I hear talk of Gorman, Miller Jeep Trail, Azusa and I have no idea where these are in relation to the San Diego area. I also am not looking to beat my truck too hard as I do not have a towrig and will need to drive it cross country in April:crazy: . The only place I have been is Corral Canyon and all though it is fun I would like to go someplace that I can flex alittle more.

Thanks

Ira

2. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

Not to hijack, but where is corral canyon?

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Corral Canyon is about 1 hour east of San Diego on Highway 8. Just head 8 east and take the Buckman Springs Road exit. About 1 mile down the road there will be a dirt road on the right that takes you up to the 4 corners staging area for the Corral Canyon OHV area:D . There is some rock but nothing like rubicon. Here is a link to the trail maps. And here is some pictures I found of some heeps on Bronco Peak trail. There are pictures in my gallery from the sidewinder trail that Roz and I ran back in the summer.

Ira

4. badfish4tail

Thanks for the info Ira:bow:

I go to Azusa alot, Well not since October. Hit me up here if you wanna meet up to go sometime. I havent been to the miller trail yet but plan on going the weekend of the 14th.

I usally go to the mountain trails by big bear and silverwood and just explore and take in all the air.

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I would like to hit those trails up there but 3 hours is a long way to drive a non trailered rig and have to drive home after a day of wheelin. Maybe I am just paranoid about breakin and being stuck. If my rig is done by the 14th I might have to run up to the miller trail just to say I dun it:D

Ira

6. badfish4tail

I fear breaking stuff all the time seeing my rig is my DD.
    My rig should also be ready for the trails by the 14th, but i still need to get a front locker.
    Azusa is closer than the miller trail, but i am kind of bored with azusa. The miller trail is about 1hr 1/2 north from me and you are about a 1-2hrs south of me.

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Ya it would be a drive but It should be fine. My wife does not wheel so I can leave early. Also readymix will be here by then and he will be living in Temecula which is just under halfway to the Miller Trail so that would be atleast 2 from down here. Is there a gas station close to the miller trail? after the drive up I would want to top off before I got on the trail.:D

Ira

8. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

miller is pretty fun but its not too challanging. Its good for a day trip in the mountains without much fear of breakage. silverwood is good and cleghorn too. those are off the 15 and 138. you could go to TDS which is at salton sea? I lived in escondido for years and we drove lots of forest trails just bring another truck and a recreation trails map

9. gstuck3

gstuck3 Registered Member

Johnson Valley, about half way between Yucca valley and Lucerne Valley on HWY 247 and Stoddard Valley OHV just South of Barstow.

10. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Hurry up and pick a date/place so we can wheel. I will bring my brother along with his Yota

11. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

will be shortly. I have the front end gutted right now over at Roz's house and my bushings should be here tomorrow so I am hoping that by this weekend she will be back together. I will be in Utah from 1Feb-7Feb so maybe after that we can hit Corral Canyon. You got to try to get broke out there with 1 tons.

Ira

12. badfish4tail

You guys could go with us here

13. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

i will take ya to in-ko-pah, some relaxed fun wheelin and good ops to flex. shure david or/and andy would go too.

stoddard valley is not to bad of a drive either. the 28th is a get together. im planin on a camp trip that weekend up there so far

14. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

LOL that what i get for takin to long to type :D :D badfish beat me to it:D

15. badfish4tail

Hate when that happens:haha:

16. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I went out to a place in Murrietta called La Cresta or something like that. A lot of the trials were a little tight for a fullsize but i made it all over that place with no body damage....that i saw. It was nighttime when i went so i will have to get back out there during the daytime.

17. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

We'll be looking for ya.:D

P1170304.JPG

18. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I'm driving out Sat. morning, party Sat. night, drive home afterbreakfast Sunday.:burb:

19. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Just to let you way So Ca guys know, we're still on for Sat. at Stoddard.