Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SoCal Trail Pix (Miller Yeep Trail)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by socalblazer, May 26, 2004.

1. socalblazer

socalblazer 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: test

theres a test forum at the very bottom of the forums page /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

BTW you need to have the pic on the net before you can post the pic /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. socalblazer

sorry about that, just trying to figure out how to post pictures. thanks.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

go to the test forum and ill try to help out. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. socalblazer

Thanks for your help TJ, I think I finally figured it out. These are just some pix of our day trip a couple of weeks ago. Going to Big Bear 6/5, 6/6 if anyone's interested. Just PM me. [​IMG]

6. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

REDONDO BEACH!!!!!!!!

Dude that's where I lived up untill last year!!!!!!!! Too bad I moved or else we could have done some wheeling together.

Gorman is a fun place to go play around for the day. Our club did the Miller Jeep trail a few years back in the snow. How's it holding up now? Still fairly easy and fun? Next time you go out there let me know, I'll meet you there. It's only about 45 min from me now.

You should go to So Cal Big Dawgs and head out on some trails with us.

7. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Yea, Id be interested in going to Gorman too.
    Im in the Antelope Valley and would like to run some trails that dont take a body or suspension beating on my DD /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

that looks like an fun trail. do you have an map to get there?

9. Esteban86K5

I have one of those sidekick maps i can take a pic of and post it. Let me find it first. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. socalblazer

The trail's still fairly easy. My brother ran his stock Tacoma through and we came across a guy in his stock Jeep so anybody interested in running with a stocker should have no problems with the proper spotting. I've checked out the Big Dawgs site, it's got some interesting information and pix. I'll keep you in mind when we do the trail again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Jeepers we met on the trail. [​IMG]
    Stock Taco [​IMG]

11. socalblazer

Directions: I5 north of LA or south of Grapevine. Take the Frazier park exit heading west. Follow Frazier Park a couple of miles and watch out for the police, lots of speeders along this stretch. After a couple of miles you'll see a service station/liquor mart on your right, stop there and get a map and your off highway adventure pass. Another mile or so you'll come to the split for Lockwood Valley, take the left and proceed about three miles (there's a ranger station about 1 mile down on your left if the store doesn't have maps). Look for a small sign on your left that reads 'Lockwood Creek Rd.' Follow this dirt road about two miles to the creek crossing. The trail is pretty long and takes approx. 4-5 hours with no problems, it lets you out at the top of Alamo mountain in Gorman. If you're not familiar w/the area I suggest the map. Here's a map that shows the turn off to Lockwood creek road in the center of the map to the left of 8n04. The star is where Lockwood Valley splits from Frazier Park
    [​IMG]

12. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

That looks like a fun trial. It seems like there are a few socal guys in here that want to go-me being one of them. Anybody want to see if we can get a trip planned. if anyone's interested throw some dates out there.

13. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

thanks for the directions /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif we should plan something in late june...

14. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

late june, early june
    all sounds good to me I just want to get out on the trial. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

hey mtm210 please fill out your profile so we can know alittle about you/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif yeah I want to check out the trail too lets see what the other guys think about the dates for next month...

16. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

If you would like, give me a PM re: Miller. I can get there in about 1 1/2 hrs. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I can't pm yet.... any sunday is good for me in june.

18. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Sundays, I don't know about that, What about Nascar /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif j/k
    Yeah Sundays are good for me too oh and smokkey I updated my profile.

19. Esteban86K5

Well, looks like you guys will be running this without me if your gonna run it in June. My next trip planned will be Blazer-Fest in Hollister and that will be the last weekend in June. Then July is pretty booked up already. I was hopeing for august but you guys will probably run it before then. I'll post up again when i go and maybe you guys can go again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Hey, See you're a student at CSUN. I was there yesterday. We are pumping the concrete for the new parking structure, east side of campus. Small world. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif