Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soccer Dad!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by blazindorito, Apr 18, 2007.

1. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Well the time I had waited for, for 6 years had come. I am finally a coach. I wanted to be a baseball coach since I coached baseball at Echo park for a couple of years. My girls were a lot more interested in soccer and even though I tried to persuade them I finally gave up and let them join soccer. Coaching little 6 and 5 year olds is tough. I couldn't scream, yell, hit them on the head or any of that stuff. I had to give high five's and keep saying "wow, your doing a great job" eventhough they weren't. [​IMG] It is tough. I have a team of 6 and 1 player showed up really late, another girl was just too shy to play and one more decide to quit after the first 15 minutes and cry. That left my with 3 players for 2 quarters of 4. We got our BUTTS kicked. Let's just say that I really tried to inforce the "Slaugther Rule" but it didn't work.

One dad got pissed off because the ref told the coach to try and follow the five goal rule (slaughter). He was yelling, "how are you going to stop little kids from scoring, that's rediculous you can't stop them from making goals. Then he started telling the coach stuff in Armenia because the coach turned around and told him yeah how are they going to stop them." I thought I was going to have to ask him to leave because he got upset and was saying things.

Anyways I love seeing my girls run around they were happy.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

It's really fun! I've coached our kids playing soccer for coming up on three years now as Tommy has been playing since he was three and Elora the last couple of years. Well worth the time and effort.

If you need any help with drills or what not I can suggest a few.

By the way, you can scream and yell (Lord knows I do) but it all has to be encouraging screaming and yelling.:D

3. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I need all the help I can get. THESE ARE ALL LITTLE GIRLS. I am the toughest SOB out there. Grandmas are afraid of me. These little girls tell me straight to my face "NO" I could not believe it. Just Kidding. It is a lot different than coaching older boys in baseball and football.

JUSTHORSINAROUND,
    I need all the help I can get. Is there any drills or videos you can recommend. I had one girl crying another one that was shy and one that was just playing around at the GOAL. PLEASE help!

4. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

I have never coached soccer but I do coach baseball and love it. This is my third year to coach Tball and we should be pretty unstoppable. I never yell or scream but I am the strictest coach I have seen and the parents love it. At the end of the games last year I would make them run a lap for every tally mark by their name. These were collected for not hustling off the field, back talking coaches, fighting over the ball, rolling around on the ground acting like ARod, or anything else they did that I deem inappropriate. Same goes for practices. I have two girls on my team this year and the same goes with them.
    We were second at the end of the year last year and we were a 5 year old team. This year most are 6 and can play twice as good. I run a very simple practices and teach the basics of bball. These kids cannot comprehend the lagistics of the entire game. I figured let them play the basics and pick up everything else through the years.

I said before the parents love me, but the other coaches hate me. They try to pull crap out of their hats and change rules because the umps are all like 14. I have to keep everyone in line including the Tball commissioner.:D It is cut throat and unbelievable how some of them act.

It's a blast.

5. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I coached t-ball last year. Lots of fun.