Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft brake pedal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1985K20, Apr 21, 2005.

1. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

I just got my rear brakes done yesterday, i put new shoes + springs, cleaned everything up good and finally adjust them up nice.

I know im getting better braking now but my pedal still soft...i bled the brakes like it should be done too :dunno:

Front rotors and pads are to replaced but would that explain my soft pedal??

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Assuming everything is stock size, air in the lines or soft flex hoses that also need replacing.

3. carolina k-5

carolina k-5 Registered Member

not sure what you meen by "soft". if you meen spongey, yeah ya still might have air in the lines. also double check for leaks. especially rear wheel cylinders. if you meen it has too much travel in the pedal you can adjust that above and behind the pedal. let me know how it turns out.

4. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

ok i found my spongy pedal problem: left rear wheel cylinder leaking :)

but i still find too much travel on pedal :frown1:, i hear there's an adjustment for brake pedal? Where is it located at? on the shaft goin into booster :confused: