Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft Doors?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5james, Jun 19, 2005.

1. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know of or has anyone heard of somebody making soft doors for our rides(similar to BroncHos and Heeps)?

My Blazer is probably going to be topless for the rest of its life and my doors are shot, so instead of spending the $$$ to put together some better ones I'm thinking some soft doors would be cool. It would also help me cut a little weight off of the beast.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I have never see them fer sale. A few years back I saw a homemade set but other than than I don't think they exist...

3. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Kert over at DIY is looking into making tube doors. I suppose you could find a way to stretch some fabric over them :confused: I might try something like that if I ever get mine done :frown1:

4. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

That might be the way to go. Where can I get some more info about them? Sorry, but I'm not very familiar with DIY. :o

5. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Check in the vendor forum he goes by cybrfire. He doesn't have any 1st gen ones yet but he's one highly motivated individual :D ,and the more interest we show the better our chances of him gettin on it. His 2nd gen ones look great.

6. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Cool, I'll shot him a PM to let him know I'm interested.