Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft doors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 83PJW, Aug 26, 2002.

1. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

went wheeling this weekend and for the first time i took my doors off. what a differance. i was wondering if anyone made aftermarket soft doors or a quick release hing pin or some thing?

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I have heard that Steve Frisbie from MOO has something in the works for both aspects.

3. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I've been looking for some soft doors for along time. If you come across anyone that makes them let me know. I called ORD and they said they had nothing planed but I have also heard about MOO coming out with somthing.

4. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Here Is what Steve Frisbie has on his truck
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully he will sell them for those of us less gifted /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif .

5. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

That looks slick. Those things are cool as he!!.

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

MOO makes great products, but they like to charge an arm an a leg for them...
    grant

7. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I am in the final phases of testing the canvas upper portions before marketing the door kit. I drove 1100 miles to Moab and back and had to use the upper portions during two rain storms. I have a few modifications to make to keep them tightly closed in a 30 plus mph headwind! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif The entire kit will include the door caps, latch assembly, inner door panels, and the upper canvas sections. You have to supply the doors to cut down. It takes about one hour per door to cut it off and fit the upper cap into place, including gutting out the window assembly. I have two sets of doors, a full set and the half doors. I use removable hinge pins and swap them out. It takes about 10 minutes per door to make the swap. I have yet to get a complete kit price yet. I am still waiting on the cost of the upper portions. If anyone is interested, I will take advanced orders just drop me an email or call us at 660-438-1776.

8. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

if it won't cost me more than 2 or 300, put me in line.

9. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

so the doors are hollow? what did you use for the hinge pin? and do you have any pics from the inside , and with the canvas down?

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I personally like robbie's, but I dont think he's going to go into full production

MTPOCKETS

11. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

what is the possibility of running this with a soft top on a full convertible.

12. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I will have to look into the possibility of them sealing into a full soft top. I think the frame will be a different design. As far as hinge pins I removed the knurled portion of the stock hinge pins and reused them I cross drilled a hole in the end for a hairpin. I also welded a 1/4 inch nut on edge to the top of the pins. I insert a long bolt to aid in removal and installation of the pins. There are some pictures on my photo page without the upper canvas section as well as the picture in the August Fourwheeler at the Blazer run in Disney, OK.

13. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

Sent you a PM /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I now have the door kits available. You can check them out here! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif