Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft front springs

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Tice, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Tice

Tice Registered Member

i'm looking for new springs for my 79 k5. the ones i have are 6in rancho's with the bottom leaf removed. the problem is they are still to firm. plus the passenger side is sagging. i've heard rough country's ez ride springs are nice but i would like other opions. i have a winch in the front and shackle flip in the rear(4in). so i dont want it to sit nose low. so i was thinking 6in springs. thanks.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Tuff Country EZ-rides, the ones that ORD sells, are supposed to have the softest rate and the highest free arch of any production spring. The only way to get softer is to either have a pack custom made or get a higher lift pack and remove leaves. Doing it that way will cause faster wear of the pack, however. </font color>

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Running the 4" EZ rides will eventually cause problems, they're not built to carry a winch. You'll want the 4" HD springs. Which will still ride pretty nice, since you have the winch on the front to help weigh them down. We've had many customers convert from the rancho spring to TCI springs and be happy with the ride. That would be my first suggestion.