Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft liftspring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, May 16, 2001.

i am from germany an i ride my blazer since 15 years. i installed a 2,5 " rancho lift kit . The front springs too rough. I took off one leave per side and put in a plastic insert for lower friction. All this didn't help.
    Can anybody tell me from whom manufacturer i can get soft and comfortable frontsprings.
    thanks for your help in this case.
    Klaus form Nuernberg Germany

1. 89Blazin

89Blazin 1/2 ton status

Hi Klaus....I think Rancho makes the soft ride springs. I've read about them before....Rancho comes to mind.

85 Burb and an 89 Blazer
    One just for fun, one simply for pleazer

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Tuff country springs are soft too
    Brent

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Ranchos do ride rough in my opinion. EZ rides from Tuff country are about the softest you can buy... the regualr Tuff countrys are pretty soft too... just remeber the softer the spring the more body roll you will have.. There is a chart in the technical section w/ the spring rates. Next softest are probably the Superlift superirdes or BDS.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Anyone got any experience with soft springs causing braking problems (pulling) or loose front ends? I was told a long time ago that my springs were a factor in my loose front end.

5. plk33

plk33 Registered Member

I have an 87 1/2 ton Suburban and I have been considering new 4" lift springs. I need a soft ride because of a very bad back. Are the tuff country ez ride 4" springs going to ride better or worse than the stock springs?