Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft Top, 91 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DenverBlazer, Apr 13, 2002.

1. DenverBlazer

DenverBlazer Guest

I'd like to get a soft top for my 91 Blazer. Where can I find one and what is a good price? Also, will I need a roll bar and how hard is the top to install? Can I still use my hard top in the winter months?

Another curiousity is what anyone may know about High Country 4x4. Just general quality and reputation info.

Thanks.....

2. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

Canback, BesTop, and Specialty Top Company make soft tops. I'm not sure of their websites. I'm probably gonna have a convertable top shop or a boat top shop here in town make me a custom fastback style top in a couple of weeks, hopefully it will be cheaper than the others. You should be able to uninstall the soft top and install the hardtop for the winter, if you want.

3. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Not to be mean, but just look around a little, or do a serch, there is more info on thjis site about soft tops than anything else. Look on the main paige under product reveiws, do a serch under this forum for soft tops...
    Ike

4. DenverBlazer

DenverBlazer Guest

Thanks. Don't always have time to search things out, especially on a site I'm not familiar with.

I have found what you were talking about, and I appreciate it.

5. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Hey, I'm in Denver/Littleton. Someone here had a thread goin on a deal to get 15% off with a group buy. I'll let you know when I find im again. I think last count he was about 2 short.
    Best part is that the ones he's goin after are right here in Denver!
    Hang in there.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

www.specialtytopco.com. Were about to have a review for their product. ColoradoK5 is about to open a online store in a couple weeks. CK5 is a Specialty top distributor. It will be about 2 weeks before Steve will be able to accept credit card orders but he can accept checks now. Check for a post by me titled "Ohhh Dollar has a new top" some links to information that is not available on Specialty's site including that they offer colors other than black and white. There is also a "Fasttrac" top available for your truck but again that is not clearly reflected on their site.

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Grim.. Do you (or anyone else) know if the top will fold backwards kind of like the one on the bronco in the latest Petersons mag?

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yep they fold backwards...well unless you got a full cage. Little interference from the cage on the first and second hoop on the 73-75 version. The 76 up versions may have a little more lenght on their bars since they only need two of them to suport the top. If you dont have a full cage then it folds back to just in front of the tail gate.

9. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Sweet... I was waiting to find a top like that.