Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft top and company info ¿?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by primerk5, May 28, 2001.

1. primerk5

primerk5 1/2 ton status

I have a 1975 blazer with a soft top i bought for it at carlisle last year. i paid 50 bucks for it and all it was missing was the rear bow and had never been used. I made a rear bow out of some tubeing and it worked well however the top sags between the bows alittle . the top came with hand written instructions, and i have know idea what company it was made by. i need info on possible makers of the top and info on what rear bow might work on this application. thanks

PRIMERK5

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It's most likely a Kayline I am betting and they have gone out of business (along with Skyler).... only other people who make tops that I can think of are Canback and Bestop. I'd look in the auto section of your phone book. I found a top shop here in my town. Bet you have one too who can help you out. You can also try a boat shop maybe they can custom make you something as well. Good luck! [​IMG]

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

Re: soft top and company info ¿?

<font color=blue>You can still get parts from Kayline, just not whole tops.</font color=blue>

[image]http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/53-288682-mudpit3.jpg[/image]

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Could be a besttop, besttop puts a tag that says besttop next to one of the windows.
    Good luck,
    Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Biggray is right, I just recieved some parts from them last week, you can get instructions too I'll bet!

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Biggray is right, I just recieved some parts from them last week, you can get instructions too I'll bet!

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

And oh yeah 50$ , you dog[​IMG]