Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft top, bikini top, A/C, Roll Bar Questions? Help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blaze`, May 15, 2002.

1. Blaze`

Blaze` Registered Member

I have a 73 K5. Would like suggestions on the following:
    1. Soft top options.
    2. Bikini Top options. (Bought Best Top Bikini for a Scout but can't make it work without modifications. Did hear of someone who has done this....suggestions?)
    3. A/C Would like to instal aftermarket A/C. Any ideas or issues?
    4. Blazer has stock roll bar, but would like to have full cage with extention for the rear bed of the truck. Are there aftermarket add ons?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Donovan

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Try Smittybilt and S&W Race Cars for after market cages.... where are you from? Depending on the area some folks here make cages and there's guys on pirate4x4 who make them too for decent prices...

As for Soft tops try Kayline and Bestop (there's others but I am having a brain fart). Also go to a boat shop and see if they will custom make you one or a place that make covertable tops for cars.... if you get a cage build you could have it so your top fits over it and you won't need a soft top frame....

You could install a/c if you have no issues with cutting the holes out... you could make a custom dash so it won't look like you cut holes into your dash to add in aftermarket air.... I'd image if you got a set up complete from a junk yard you could make that work.... I've never done it so I am not sure but I am sure someone here has... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Good luck..........

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

For A/C go to: http://vintageair.com/vintage.htm for the best and most expensive.....try the Truck Surefit link.
    Other than that do a web search...there are a dozen companies, at least, making aftermarket systems. Oh yeah, fill out your profile... It helps us help you.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

As for the bikini top Nobody makes one as of yet. I have contacted STC www.specialtytopco.com (the current makers of the Kayline Fasttrac) and let them know there is some interest in a bikini. They are looking into it. I should be talking to them again this week.
    The fasttrack tops have zip out side an rear windows to make a Safari style look to it. It's nice. I have one on my truck and will shortly have a review up for it. This site is also a Specialty top distributor. There will soon be a online shopping area but if your ready to buy now just hit the e-mail link to Steve off the main page and he can take your order.
    There is a couple of pictures on my CK5 site of my truck with the STC top on it. Sorry no pictures with the windows out but I might have some up this week. Link in my sig below.
    There is also a large picture of my truck like the one in my avitar on the left at www.gbr4wd.com. truck is at an angle so cant really see the side well but you can get an idea.