Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft top desperately needed

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by onearmedbandit, May 26, 2002.

1. onearmedbandit

onearmedbandit Registered Member

hey, i am bugging the crap out of my parents to let me keep the top off this summer, but being that I live in a big city, they are kind of anal about taking the top off. i really need a soft top, or a bikini top of some sort for an 85' k5 to get them to chill out about the top. please help lilpimp_720@yahoo.com

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

Dude read the 4 sale board there are 2 of them on there
    Just trying 2 help :-)

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Why are they "anal" about having the top off in a big city?

-Aaron

4. onearmedbandit

thanks for the advice. my parents are worried about my cd changer, cb radio, and other valuables getting jacked. i took the top off today, and for about 5 hours it was sunny, and then we had a downpour. ohh well, i guess its the luck of the irish

5. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

A soft top won't keep you safe from theft. Thieves will just slice it open with a razor and then you're out the soft-top and whatever goodies they take. Maybe you should look into a TuffySecurity Console. I think they've got them for cb and cd players/changers. They're rocksolid and make your stuff theft proof. It may even be cheaper than a soft top. Plus even if someone tries to steal them they can't cause much damage to them, certainly not as much as they could to a soft top /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I hear you on the rain getting ya'. I've got a '73 I ran without the top on for a few months. It was great in the sun but always ended up raining on me at least a few times a week.

-Aaron

6. onearmedbandit

ya, i need to get a better console. the guy who i bought the blazer from took out the factory console and put in a steel horse that is made to fit a jeep. i hate the stupid thing. i really wish that somebody made a bikini top for blazers, or a cheaper alternative to a soft top. im not too concerned about theft, but i am concerned about the rain. i really appreciate your suggestions

7. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Some of the bikini tops for other vehicles may fit your blazer - What year blazer do you have?

-Aaron

8. onearmedbandit

1985, i would like either a bikini top or a wind jammer, something cheap, i dont really want to shell out 500 bones for a soft top

9. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i have a custom soft top for sale
    300$ plus shipping
    you can see pics on my website <a target="_blank" href=http://www.gdsbengals.org/~walkerd/index.htm>http://www.gdsbengals.org/~walkerd/index.htm</a>

drop me an email at Confederate9@aol.com